icon

remote wire for my radio, air suspension

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
choleaoum 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hey how's it going, so I hooked up my REMOTE wire from my radio harness so I can use it as a switched 12v and wired it directly to my 12v of my air suspension 10 switch toggle box. ( I hate toggle btw, never go toggle. ) Anyways, everytime I inflate my bags with the switch with the car RUNNING, my radio shuts off. When I inflate my bags or play with the switches with the car on the ON position, the radio doesn't shut off.
Can anyone give me some insight what is going on? Should I diode the wire or something? I ran a wire from my switched ignition wire already, but I'm just curious to how I would have resolved this issue.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ah, unfortunately I still can't edit my posts but I want to also ask, would a car audio capacitor work well for my air suspension? I have reason to believe my compressors draw out a lot of energy draining my battery a bit.
Would I be able to use it to help take some strain off my alternator & battery? I'm doing the big "3" tommarow.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

air compressors are a big draw....you use a relay if the box doesn't have one.

The car running might actually less power overhead avalible than when it is off.

choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using a relay to power my air suspension, it's hooked up to my remote wire to turn on. Powers on directly from my battery, grounded to my chasis. I don't have any subwoofers or amplifiers hooked up YET. I plan too, but I was just curious to why my radio shuts off when my car is on and I hit a switch when I'm using the remote wire as a switched 12v.
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
So you have the relay wired as follows?
85 - ground
86 - radio remote turn on wire (blue/white)
30 - battery power
87 - to compressor +
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, it's something like that, I do not remember off the bat of my head. But the 85 doesn't go to a direct ground on my chasis, it goes to my pressure switch which GROUNDS when theres not enough pressure in the tank. I'm sorry I wish I could go outside and double check the relay but it's late and I don't have a light.
I will double check the relay for you tommarow, I need to fuse the (+) compressor to the relay. I only turn my car & compressor on for testing purposes, by all means I do not drive with a unfused compressor. Everything else is fused, Battery to Relay.
Would you suggest I fuse the switched 12volt from the remote to the relay? Did I also mention I'm using the same switched 12volt wire to power up the relay & switchbox? I'm still learning about diodes, by all means I am not a wiring guru.
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
What is the year, make, and model for your vehicle?
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
My car is a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan, I was told recently that my BRAND NEW battery is faulty. This is my 4th frickin` battery. There's gotta be something up. I also have reason to believe my alternator might be going out because my lights dim in and out but for some reason.. but I disconnect the battery and it still runs fine.
I will be doing a Big 3 upgrade, and installing my grounding kit today! Hopefully that'll fix any problems.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic