the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 kicker 15’’ l5 dual 4 ohm box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
I am helping my friend build and install a system in a 1999 Acura Integra.
He has a 2002 Kicker 15" L5 dual 4ohm sub. I found the manual on kickers website but it doesn't have the T/S parameters and all of their box recommendations that I plugged into the12volt's port calculator are tuned higher than I prefer.
Does anyone
  1. have the T/S parameters?
  2. Have this sub in a sealed box?
  3. Have this sub in a ported box?
  4. Or have a suggestion based on the newer modles?
Also he has a Planet Audio Vector D class D mono-block amp that I found to be rated at 750W rms @ 2ohm. It has a missing fuse though and I don't know why...guess we will find out.
Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
z03mz03m 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I am also helping him choose some mid-bass woofers and a four channel or 2 two channel amps.
The mid-bass speakers I am looking at are the ones I was considering for my own build.
Exodus Audio Anarchy's
Peerless SLS 6.5
SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, 6.5" Woofer
Any others I should look at or any of the above I should remove from the list?
For the amps I will need a minimum of 75W per ch preferably 100W. The PPI 355cs are power hungry mustards.2002 kicker 15’’ l5 dual 4 ohm box - Last Post -- posted image.
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
iand1234 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

just wanted to ask if you had a system in your mazda. if so what you got?

zombies will eat your brains if not decapitaded first
z03mz03m 
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
I found a deal that might be a winner for the amp.
RE Audio VLX 4150X
4X 125W @ 4ohms
I haven't heard of RE audio except in the past 6 months or so and was wondering if this would be a good buy at under $300?
z03mz03m 
Posted: April 03, 2011 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
We ended up finding a ridiculous deal on a Boston Acoustics GT 2125 125w x 2ch.
Also we decided to bail on mid bass speakers. Ill post pics with descriptions of the install when I get to it in a few weeks.
z03mz03m 
Posted: October 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
My friend traded his Integra for a Civic...thats faster.
I cut the pieces for the box and floor panel in the hatchback today. The box is huge; about 4 1/8 ft3 after bracing.
The two amps are going to be installed in the spare tire-well under a hatch in the floor panel I made today.
Pics to come along the way.
z03mz03m 
Posted: December 09, 2011 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Alrighty then...... its been a while.

The box is 90% complete. I only have a few screw holes to drill in it for the over-center latches that will secure it in the trunk. after that it will get a little more sanding and a heavy couple of coats of rustolium truck bed liner.

The amp rack should come together quickly this weekend too. I did about an hour of brainstorming on it last night and figured out were I was mounting the hinges and lifters as well as how the board that the amps mounts to will be installed. It will be able to lift up to gain access below for wiring or storage purposes.

I have made the baffels for the PPI's and aimed and attached them to the part of the door panel that covered the speakers. They are motivating me to get going on my own door pannels ASAP! I will be using the same thick fleece that i used on my tweeter pods because I will have full acces to the inside side of the fleece after the 1st coat of resin hardens to ensure that the fleece is saturated with resin all the way through.

I know non of this wil help anyone with out pictures to accompany my rambleing so I Promise Ill post some this weekend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic