re audio sr 10 d4's which amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys..
I just bought a brand new sealed sub box loaded with RE Audio SR-10 D4's. I'm not THAT familiar with them, but I've read decent reviews on them - and they are going in my truck, so I didn't really need a load booming system.
Looking to purchase an amp to power these bad boys. Looking to stick with possibly known brands (ie: Kenwood, Alpine, etc).
Any recommendations on what a good amp would be to power these? Also, are these subs able to be wired to 2 ohms? (assuming they are) Obviously, I want to get the largest amp that these subs could handle. I'm not in front of the box, but I THINK it said 300 RMS.. 600 peak. I also heard that you can overpower these subs? Is that true?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
how much money are you looking to spend on an amp?? If they are 300 rms each and they are both dual 4 ohm subs then you can wire them down to 1 ohm or wire them at 4 ohms and use a mono channel amp, or you can buy a 2 channel amp and wire them individually at 2 ohms, there are so many good amps out there at all different prices, but I have been very please with my alpine m500 amp, but i think you would need its big brother the alpine m1000, it produces 600 rms at 4 ohms which would be perfect for your subs
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic