icon

power door locks on 2002 chevy avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amh9002 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to wrap up my remote start/keyless entry install into a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. I am installing a Viper 5101 into the truck but I am having some trouble with the door locks. When I press the unlock or lock buttons on the viper remote, the horn and dash lights trigger, but no actual locking or unlocking takes place. I have the door lock harness that goes to the viper module directly tapped into the lt.blue and white wires on the brown plug of the BCM. Is this correct or am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you test lt blue (and white) by jumping a good ground to it?  Sometimes it takes a direct ground to activate locks/unlocks.  If it tests okay by jumping, then you will need 2 relays to switch body ground to each wire.
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

Most Chevy trucks in that time period haveType A (+) door lock and unlock wires. While Bulldog does not list the circuit Type, both Audiovox and DEI list them as (+), as does this info from the 12Volt  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~7365   Did you test these wires with a DMM? 

Here is the Type A, Three Wire Positive wiring diagram : https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#3wp 

Soldering is fun!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Those wires are listed as positive wires.  Do not ground them.
amh9002 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the info fellas.
I am going to give the relays a shot based off of the information kreg157 pulled. Hopefully that will solve my problems.
On another note, anybody know if the express kit DB-ALL will control door locks through D2D for this vehicle? It claims to but so did the current bypass unit that I have right now.
Thanks again,
Aaron
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
The easy way is with a DEI 451M module, available "online" for $7.  You can review the 451M install manual here : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=726
Soldering is fun!
amh9002 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Got everything working. The door locks were definitely type A. Relays worked perfectly. Bypass module took a little bit to get programed, but finally got it. I think my conection to the OBD2 port wasnt a tight connection. Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it.
-Aaron.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic