icon

02 denali, alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nando21 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

hey my name is fernando i have a 02 denali......i want to install my alarm on it...i have done this befoe in other cars but never with this much electronics.....i know there is the BCM where i have to wire most of the alarm to.....now here r my questions

1.is there a big chance i could love something up is the BCM really delicate?

2. if i unplug it do i have to reprogram it?

3.would i need a  relay for the locks or lights?

4.is this dangerous for the BCM?

any tips i need all the help i can get thanks

jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
What alarm?Do you want remote start too? are you going to use a bypass module? If so what brand? Ive done cheys (gmc same thing) ive unplugged the bcm connectors to get more slack to solder my wires, never had a problem with it. To know exactly if you need relays for your lights/locks you need to mention the alarm your going with.
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
nando21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have a syteck I think also known as astra 777... 2 way pager no I don't want remote start.... all I want is to lock and unlock doors and the shock sensor....what do u mean by byppass the module...I have done 4 alarms before I am far from a expert.....lol. thanks for the help
jpadj22 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

You dont need a bypass module. Thats only when your installing a remote start and need to bypass the immobiliser. As far as relays for the lock and unlock relays look at your install guide what polarity are they? Your truck is a + as long as your alarm is to no need for relays, if its a - u will need to convert them from - to + with 2 relays. As for the parking light you need to look at the guide you have 2 wires for the parking lights 1 + and the other - so just figure out wich one you need.

p.s I am no expert at all im jus a do it ur selfer.

nando21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2011 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Cool but it should not be harder to install than most other cars right? Any thing I should watch out for? I just don't want to love the. BCM I have read is like 800 dollars to reprogram and I'm broke lol
jpadj22 
Posted: March 16, 2011 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
I mean as far as the install being hard that all depends on you and your skills. In my opinion I dont think is hard especially since your not doing a r/s. Just take your time wiring everything, solder all your wires. This is a very important tip dont trust the wiring diagram 100% test every single wire before you hook anything up to it. Feel free to pm me if you have questions hopefully i can answer if not just post them here good luck.
nando21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2011 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks.... for all the help I'm a try Saturday hope u don't here about me on the news lol some guy blew up a 02 denali trying to install his own alarm system lol
bndawgs 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2011 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

There shouldn't be more than a few wires that you need to hook into at the bcm plugs. 

<--------   Stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night
bndawgs 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2011 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
And I'm not sure with your specific alarm, but I know with my 5701 and my tahoe, i had to diode isolate the two rear doors when i connected them to the bcm.  You might want to double check that with yours.  They were cheap though from Radio Shack, .99 for two.
<--------   Stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night
nando21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
what does diode the back to doors mean? And what would happen if I don't do that? Would they not open?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic