icon

subb hitting without radio on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Co98zx2 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2003 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I got this problem I have 2 -12s hooked up to my amp and the amp is hooked up to my stock ZX2 cassette radio via Hi-Level in put  (uck,uck) and the remote is hooked to ignition 12 volt supply and so is my CD changer.  Well anyway when I'm driving my subs hit even when the cd changer isn't on or the radio.  I've got the amp, capacitor, and the grond from the hi-lev input al grounded in the same place, but the cd changer isn't.  I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to stop the wierd noises coming from my subs or anyone know how to get Hi-level inputs changed into RCA inputs.

THANKS ALOT

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2003 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Well, to get the Hi-levels to RCAs, you need a Line-Out Converter. I'm not advertising for this one, I just wanted to show you one.
As for the noise you hear, it sounds like to me that it's engine noise. I would make sure your grounds are in good shape. Make sure the ground for the amp is on an unpainted surface.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2003 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

Do they make a whining sound or a thud? And is the Noise constant or intermittent? As far as converting the high signal to a low rca you will need a high to low converter like cpgoose said. If you go to any local shop they will be able to sell you one just ask for a good quality high to low converter

Cletis 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2003 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

When you say you have the hi level input grounded, do you have the actual speaker wire negative put to ground.  If you do this would be your source of your problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic