icon

trying to solve listener fatigue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
teenkertoy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Finished rereading Heam's build threads and I'm convinced. Will experiment with new tweeter placements, and maybe try some simple fiberglass tweeter mount on the door. Pick'n'Pull sells the door trim panels for fairly cheap, and there are always tons of Jeeps out there to choose from.
-J
Malcom: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."
Jayne: "We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode.
teenkertoy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2011 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  
Long story short, fixed the fatigue problem a week before the car was sold. The solution was a combination of moving the tweeters out of the corner, aiming them a little off-axis, and reducing their levels considerably.
Thanks all for the help, it will be much easier to build the new car right the first time.
-J
Malcom: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."
kynetx 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Interesting topic and sorry for the late response, but I was under the impression that the ideal driver placement is coaxial, with the fictional ideal being all drivers occupying the same point in space. If this is the case, drive quality aside, why use separates?
teenkertoy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
kynetx wrote:
Interesting topic and sorry for the late response, but I was under the impression that the ideal driver placement is coaxial, with the fictional ideal being all drivers occupying the same point in space. If this is the case, drive quality aside, why use separates?
Sometimes the ideal fictional placement is not practical. Placing a mid-bass driver like mine (6.5") in an enclosure up high near the dashboard would create all kinds of visibility and functional problems. However if you have the room of say, a Dodge Sprinter van like John Whitledge, it's much easier to do. (a six-part series, and a very fun read)
-J
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic