cd changer adaptor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lemar 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hi All.
I have just installed an Alpine 305S decided media receiver. I have got an Alpine CD changer but the socket does not fit into the new head unit. the CD changer is an "M-BUS" connection and the new head unit is an "Ai-Net".
I have searched for hours on the net and all I can find is an "Alpine KCA-130B Female Ai-Net to Male M-Bus Adapter" but i need it the other way round, male ai-net to female M-BUS.
I have 2 ideas, please tell me if you think they will work before I waste my money trying.
idea 1: buy an AI-Net to AI-Net lead (about £10) and splice into the wire and conect it to my M-Bus lead that joins to my CD changer
Idea 2: there are adaptors for AI-Net to RCA/AUX/Phono leads. there are also these adaptors for M-Bus to RCA/AUX/Phono leads, Join the aux leads together with 2 male rca's.
I am guessing idea 2 will not work as the head unit will not be able to talk to the ch changer.
I do have hopes for idea 1 but was wondering if there will be just 1 wire inside or lots, and if so how to connect them together.
Any help would be great as I dont really wanna spend £160 on a new CD changer if I already have one.
Many thanks.
Luke.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
no splicing needed .. i think.
if i remember correctly, Ai net changers will not connect directly to the head unit. they instead use a male to male cord that connects the female plug on the head unit to the female plug on the changer.
SO..... if you had that original AI changer cord, it would have male plugs at each end allowing you to use the adapter that you mentioned and make everything just plug in as it was made to be.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
lemar 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
how did i not think of that. haha. there was me trying to be clever and make my own adaptor. thanks itsyuk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic