the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

best amp for my subs? and what freq?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
custombass 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe a better option for your listening taste would be the Sundown E8v2. This woofer would deliver the lows you are looking for. The Fs is 34.9hz, which indeed will deliver the kind of experience you are looking for.
ssgtmoose 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst, I thank you for your input. It looks to me like you answered your own question.
why is an amplifier that is 1-ohm stable and run at 1-ohm a "better" amplifier than is a 2-ohm stable amplifier and run at 2-ohms?
It's more expensive... True this. It's less efficient... Also true. Generally it has a lower damping factor. Generally the THD is higher. These are all bad things, IMO...
I don't recall stating one is 'better' than the other. Once again, I appreciate your input but if you are going to point out whats wrong, can you also provide suggestions? I am not looking for a 'fast' hitting 8", if I preferred rock then that would be the case. I would not have chosen the SA-8 if that were the case. I chose the 8" because I have decided to go with multiple smaller woofers to limit space requirements and enable me to have more versatile installation options. And went with Sundown Audio because I believe they provide one of the better 8" subwoofers. Thank you for mentioning the Fs, however in the 2ohm dvc it's 41hz. Not much lower than 44 but still something to consider. What 8" would you recommend? One of the first ones many people will say is the 8w7 with an Fs of 35hz, however for the price of one (over rated) 8w7, I could get all 4 SA-8s. I have seen a single SA-8 hit 152. I am looking for an 8" that can handle the abuse and will astonish once heard. Once again, Thank you for your input and please provide suggestions to problems pointed out.
Semper Fi,
SSgt Moose
USMC RET, 2x Iraq Vet
ssgtmoose 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Custom Bass, I have looked (although not too much) at the E8v2 when I first considered the SA-8. If the E8v2 would hit the lows better, I may decide to go with those instead, Sundown lists the E8v2 2ohm dvc at 44hz. However, it has been my understanding the the SA-8 is far superior to the E8v2.
Semper Fi,
SSgt Moose
USMC RET, 2x Iraq Vet
custombass 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
Did you mention this is going in a van? Surely a single 8 inch woofer didn't hit 151 in a van. As far as the lows, the E8v2 would be a better option, and in my humble opinion, the quality of the woofer wouldn't be much of an issue. If you install, and treat with care, it should beat the block down for years. NO woofer lasts forever.
joe0428 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have the SAZ-3000d it does 3k at one ohm. I have 3 RE sx 10's wired around .5 ohms they are in a 5cu^3 box tuned to 38hz I hit a 149.2 in a ext cab s10.
Here is a pic
best amp for my subs? and what freq? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic