clifford 320.3x manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparks325 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I'm helping my son install a 320.3x in his 1998 Honda Civic and really need a manual for install. I’ve seen how specific the other install manuals are for the Clifford products are and I know that not being entirely sure of a connection could cause problems.  I work in the electronics industry and know an amp from an ohm but I also know that there is no substitute for experience.  He purchased “the works”. Digital tilt sensor, audio sensor, Blackjack, battery backup…..

Any help would be appreciated. Please direct me to another post if my questions are answered there. There are only two aux mux ports. Are those for the accessory sensors? Are you limited to the number of sensors you can have? What does the D2D port do? We have a bitwriter V2.7 so I think that will help.

As you can tell this is our first install of this type.

Thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
The first comment would be too many sensors! Totally unnecessary and will interfere with each other. You can parallel wire extra connectors but use 1N4004 diodes in line on the triggers, bands away from alarm.
D2D is an option with certain by-pass units for remote start which may not be necessary on this vehicle unless it has a factory transponder immobiliser (chip in key).
As for the vehicle it's been done to death recently on this site, look up the archives.
It's also a very easy vehicle to do.
sparks325 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

Thank You Howie,

I really appreciate it.  My son's car was broken into while he was at work and it really freaked him out.  The thieves messed up his dash for an $80 radio and took the amp and all of his “work” tools (he is an apprentice as an electrician).  So, the overkill is understood.

I know we will probably have to back off on the sensors but I appreciate the idea of the diodes. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic