icon

2006 ford ranger and pkfm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
So i tried this bypass on this vehicle today and i couldn't get it to work, i'm using it with a dei viper 5902 and hard wiring it, now the bypass siad i should see a four pin connector at the at the steering but it only had two wires at the harness, now i know that american ford is different from the fords of the asians, but will this work or do i have to use another bypass, i've been looking to fortin and they seem to have some pretty nice options.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

This info is from iDatalink for the vehicles found in the U.S. and Canada.

TX                             RX

Vehicle  YR       Pin    Color                 Pin    Color          Connector Type
Ranger 01-06      4   WHITE/ LtGreen       3   Gray/Orange         C

Type C connectors are found 8 inches down the steering column.  The wire colors between the ignition switch

and the Type C connector can vary.

Pin 1 = Ground

Pin 2 = Pats +12v Power
Pin 3 = RX
Pin 4 = TX

You will need two, working, unique, non-clone keys to program the bypass to the car.

Soldering is fun!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Is this right hand drive spec? Because i didn't see any connector that remotely resembled this, but i'll recheck.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, the only info I could find was for left hand drive vehicles found in the US and Canada.  Never worked on a right hand drive model.  The PKALL guide has a drawing of the connector :  https://ifar.ca/en/download/496/preview.html 

Fortin, iDatalink and DEI give pretty much the same info for the 2006 Ranger on their respective bypasses but that could be geared towards the local domestic vehicles only.

Have you tried a remote start without the bypass and a working key held against the ignition switch ( or inserted but not turned )?  Might even try a 556U with one of the keys.

Soldering is fun!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yes i have tried that, the remote start works, i only need the bypass now, i didn't want to bury the spare key, but it looks like i have no choice.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2011 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
So i verified with this van by checking again for the pats connector but it is not present at the ignition column, the two wires to the receiver around the barrel run straight into a larger harness and off to I don't know where, i've glanced through under the the dash area on both sides and can't see anything that looks like a pats module or anything so maybe this is different and I am going to have a key buried by force. 2006 ford ranger and pkfm - Last Post -- posted image.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Can you take and post a picture of the ring? Maybe someone here can help identify the wires for you. Is it possible that there is no transponder in that version of the truck and you are looking at the light ring?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
On the Ranger the connector is not under the column cover. It is to the right of the steering column just above the metal brace for the knee bolster. It is either a grey or green plug...can't remember off the top of my head. It will have 4 pins (2X2) the wires you see goin to the plug are not the correct colors, but if you look on the backside of the plug where the wires come out, they should be correct to what Kreg listed. I've done a hundred of these things, and have always done them this way. Good luck.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2011 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Have you done these on the right hand drives Mikvot?  At Twelvevoltz, the van is transponder equipped, i have already verified this, there is no light ring around this barrel. Mikvot I will look for connectors that resemble what u listed, and i will post back, thanks for all the help so far guys, i appreciate it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic