icon

viper 211hv factory alarm disable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1993mx6 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
I just got done installing a Viper 211hv keyless entry on my 1993 Mazda MX6. I am having problems getting the factory disarm wire to work from the viper module. The car did not originally come with power locks so I am using a door lock actuator out of a new MX6. There are two wires going to the door lock cylinder one is a ground and the other is a constant 5v. When the 5v wire is grounded the factory alarm disarms. I hooked the viper factory alarm disarm wire to this 5v constant. It worked for a short period of time and now it does not. I tested the factory alarm disarm coming from the viper now it does nothing. I assume I fried something by grounding this 5v wire? Any help on how to hook this up? This is my first install and the 211hv manual has a misprint and provides no info about the factory disarm wire.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
If your car didnt come with power locks there wouldnt be a factory alarm. There is a need for an actuator to give you keyless entry but if one single actuator in the drivers door doesnt unlock all doors then you dont have power locks nor an alarm. The factory alarm disarm wire wouldnt be needed and could be disconnected. What wire in the car do you have it connected to?
1993mx6 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
The car has a factory alarm. It arms when the doors are locked with no key in the ignition. If you have the windows down and you reach in and unlock the car the alarm will go off. The only way to turn off the alarm is the driver side door. From the factory it is setup that only the pass door has an actuator. I added a actuator in the driver door so when you unlock with the keyless both doors unlock. If no factory disarm wire is used when you lock the doors the factory alarm sets when you go to open with the keyless it thinks someone opened the car from the inside and the alarm goes off. For now I disabled the factory alarm to use the keyless but I would like both to work together.
1993mx6 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
Also I had the wire connected to the wire running to the driver door lock that carries 5v constant and when grounded disarms the factory alarm
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try testing either one if these colors ?
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM       YELLOW/RED (-) or LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-)      @ DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS      
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic