viper 5901 rs and 2008 toyota sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drclark 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2011 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys,

I am in need of help on the H3 10pin harness connecting to the 2008 Sienna.  I am stuck in a limbo. Please help.

H3/1 -  Pink  - (+) Ignition 1 input/output <<<<<< where does this go? Is it needed?

H3/2 -  RED / White - (87) Flex Relay Input (30A fused) <<<<<where does this go?  Lost.

H3/3 - Orange - (+) Accessory output <<<<<< Which one to use? This one or H3/9? Confused.

H3/4 - Voilet - (+) Starter Output (car side of the start kill) <<< I cut the big BLACK / YELLOW and connected the car side to this wire. Is this correct?

H3/5 - Green - (+) Starter Input (key side of the start kill) <<< I connect the other side of the big BLACK / YELLOW to this wire. Is this correct?

H3/6 - Red - Ignition 1 input (30A fused) <<<Where does this go?  Is it needed?

H3/7 - Pink/White - (30)Flex relay output <<< Where does this go?

H3/8 - Pink/Black - (30) Flex Relay Input <<<<Where is this used? Lost.

H3/9 - RED / Black - accessory/starter relay input (30A fused) <<< Do I use this one or H3/3?

These wires are so confusing.  Thank you again for your help.  It is greatly appreciated.

lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

These connections are all the high current connections to the ignition switch harness for remote start.  Typically these are going to a relay within the remote start; the input to the relay is wired  to 12V for a Positive polarity output from the remote start unit.  Ignition 1 is a unique function, as it is used as both an output for remote start and an input for feature programming.     Please note that these connections should be soldered and taped with a high quality electrical tape.  The following may help:

H3/1 -  Pink  - (+) Ignition 1 input/output <<<<<< where does this go? Is it needed? 

This connects to vehicle    Ignition 1          BLACK          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     

H3/2 -  RED / White - (87) Flex Relay Input (30A fused) <<<<<where does this go?  Lost.

This connects to vehicle     Battery          WHITE/ RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     

H3/3 - Orange - (+) Accessory output <<<<<< Which one to use? This one or H3/9? Confused.

This connects to  vehicle Accessory 1          PINK          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      

H3/4 - Voilet - (+) Starter Output (car side of the start kill) <<< I cut the big BLACK / YELLOW and connected the car side to this wire. Is this correct?

Yes, correct.

H3/5 - Green - (+) Starter Input (key side of the start kill) <<< I connect the other side of the big BLACK / YELLOW to this wire. Is this correct?

Yes, correct.

H3/6 - Red - Ignition 1 input (30A fused) <<<Where does this go?  Is it needed?

This connects to vehicle     Battery          WHITE/ RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS   

H3/7 - Pink/White - (30)Flex relay output <<< Where does this go?

This connects to  vehicle Ignition 2          BLACK / YELLOW          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS          

H3/8 - Pink/Black - (87A) Flex Relay Input <<<<Where is this used? Lost.

This is used for ignition isolation if needed--I don't believe it is needed in your application.  In that application, Ignition 2 would be cut, key side connected to this wire.  H3/7 would go to the car side of the cut wire.  This opens the connection to key side of ignition 2 during remote start. 

H3/9 - RED / Black - accessory/starter relay input (30A fused) <<< Do I use this one or H3/3?

These wires are so confusing.  Thank you again for your help.  It is greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps.

Lectric Guy
drclark 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your help lectricguy.

When I remote start I get 7 parking light flashes.

Is it in Manual Transmission mode?  How do I switch it to Automatic?

Thank you again..

lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Did you program the remote start features?   If I recall, the 5901 defaults to manual transmission mode.   This is Menu 3, item 1.  You must program the RS to automatic transmission mode first.

Please refer to your installation guide for programming procedure and feature settings.  you can find the install guide in the download section of this site.  

DEI Viper 5901 Installation Guide

Lectric Guy
drclark 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2011 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

All is good now.  Thank you everyone here for your help.

God bless you.

laptopguy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
HI Drclark,
I see that you recently installed a 5901 in your 08 sienna and I just had the same system system installed in my 08. I noticed if I lock the car with key and not the viper remote then the viper remote will not unlock or disarm till i either unlock the car with the key or use oem remote. I stumbled upon this when I wanted to lock the car but didn't want to turn alarm on and then came back to the sienna and used the viper remote to unlock and it didn't work. Does your install work that way too? Thank You in advance
crzyk9s
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

I've found some new Mazdas that are like that also.  It's normal.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

laptopguy wrote:
HI Drclark,
I see that you recently installed a 5901 in your 08 sienna and I just had the same system system installed in my 08. I noticed if I lock the car with key and not the viper remote then the viper remote will not unlock or disarm till i either unlock the car with the key or use oem remote. I stumbled upon this when I wanted to lock the car but didn't want to turn alarm on and then came back to the sienna and used the viper remote to unlock and it didn't work. Does your install work that way too? Thank You in advance
crzyk9s

It's because you used the wrong lock/unlock wires. You need to use the arm/disarm, which are lt. green, 18 pin plug/pin 5 and blue, 18 pin plug, pin 7 in the kick panel. The disarm will unlock drivers first pulse and the rest on second pulse...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
laptopguy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thank You Mike M2,
That did the trick!!!!!!! Your'e the man!!! I was doing the happy dance!!!!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2011 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
viper 5901 rs and 2008 toyota sienna - Last Post -- posted image.viper 5901 rs and 2008 toyota sienna - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic