sequential/chase turn signals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supraleds 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,
I am looking at adding some sequential/chase turn signals to a custom set of LED tail lights that I make for a 94 Toyota Supra. I like the "chase" design. However, I can not find anyone (that already makes these kits) that is willing to modify their design or ROM settings and make some modules for what I am looking to do.
I have designed the circuit boards so the brake lights can be part of the turn signals. In the picture/video (link below) you can see that the two middle lights are the brake lights and the far right light is the NORMAL turn signal. Since I am creating my own circuit boards, I would like to have a sequential turn signal unit control the lights as pictured. The brakes would be normal functioning when driving or braking, but would be disabled, only on the turning side, when turn signal is initiated. The picture is just a demonstration of how I would like it and not an actual (in regards to timing) representation. I would like the turn signals to continue to blink from inside to out as long as the tail lights are receiving a turn signal.
I can etch the copper circuit boards if I have a design and materials list, but since I am not a electrical engineer or programmer (for I think they are called CROM chips) I have not the slightest idea on what to purchase and how to wire them all together.
I really need this module to be less than or equal to a 2.25" circle or square as they will be mounted inside each tail light.
Here is the link of the picture.
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MikeRupp/?action=view¤t=Sequential-Turn-Animated.gif
sequential/chase turn signals - Last Post -- posted image.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you,
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
How many are you looking to have made? How much current does each turn signal bulb pull? Do you have two separate triggers for each multi function light (brake and running)?
You don't want to etch your own circuit boards - pay the price to have the boards professionally manufactured with a good solder mask on them. For the price/hassle it costs to do this at home you are better off just buying them already complete.
It looks like you'll need a microprocessor with three inputs (brake, running lights, turns signal) and 5 outputs (brake out, turn signal 1, turn signal 2, turn signal 3, and running lights). By the time you add an automotive grade power supply and transistors you'll be pushing the limits on a 2.25" square board. I think it can be done, but it will be tight.
Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic