icon

2001 ford f150 supercrew, ca6551

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
powerking 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All, I just bought a CA6551 for my Ford. While I havent installed an alarm since the 80's, I am really going to have fun with this install for sure! Where can I find wiring info for my truck above? One thing I am concerned with is the door locks. It sounds like I have the 5 wire reversing? I also heard that I dont have to install relays, just diode isolate the wires with 1N4004 diodes? Im all ears hear for any guidance.

Thank you kindly

Rich

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2011 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Truck wiring can be found in the vehicle wiring link above: link.
If the truck did not come with factory keyless you will need two relays, diodes will not work. If it did come with factory keyless you will not need additional relays, nor diodes for the door locks (trusting this is your system).
It has been stated time and again, but warrants repeating: Test all of your wires with a DMM before connecting anything at all from the system.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
powerking 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2011 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

That is my system! I do have the "keyless entry" if you mean the keyfob remotes? I do not have the keypad on the door. does this mean that I do not need the extra relays? i still need the diodes though correct? Where is the best place to install them at?

Thanks

Rich

powerking 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Twelvoltz...I really appreictae it! It will make my install go smoother....No I just have to figure out which PATS bypass module to buy!!

Rich

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  

For the bypass, search online for a DEI 1100F (  DIRECTED INSTALL ESSENTIALS 1100F    ) . The install guide is available in the Downloads section.   Reliable module, easy to install & program  and around $12, delivered. 

Other choices include the PKFM, PKALL from DEI and these from Fortin :  https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/ford/f-series/2001/

Soldering is fun!
powerking 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

Kreg, does the DEI module require a key to be with it all the time? Or just a key to program it?

Thanks

R

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Just to program the bypass.  That Truck / Year is a Type 1-A.  Only one working key is required to program the DEI 1100F bypass module and the PATS connector is the "A" style.  This is a "no key required" bypass, after programming, no key is left in the vehicle.  Cheaper than buying a spare key and programming it to the truck.
Soldering is fun!
powerking 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

Any advice on where to grab the door lock/unlock signal from? Someone said that all I have to do is tap into the factory lock/unlock wires that come off the GEM, and that way I don't need the relays or the diodes.....This sound right?

Thanks

Rich

kreg357 
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

Bulldog lists the wires as :

POWER LOCK        PINK / YELLOW               IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, at DOOR HARNESS    
 POWER UNLOCK  PINK/LIGHT GREEN    IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, at DOOR HARNESS
Audiovox lists the wires as :
 Power Unlock     PINK/LIGHT GREEN  (-)    HIGH DRV DASH NEG TRIG W/KEYLESS ENTRY    
 PowerLock          PINK / YELLOW  (-)               HIGH DRV DASH NEG TRIG W/KEYLESS ENTRY

If the truck has the GEM module ( it should ), Audiovox has this info on its' location :

GEM MODULE - TO THE RIGHT OF THE GAS PEDAL

Bulldog has this info / diagram for the GEM module Wake-Up :

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/20671_F-SERIES-LIGHT-DUTY_FORD%20GEM%20WAKE%20UP%20DIAGRAM.pdf

Where you connect to the wires is your choice, at the door harness in the DKP or at the GEM module.  Test with a DMM as follows :

DMM set to 20V DC.
Red lead to +12V constant.
Black lead to suspect wire.  
DMM should go to +12V with the lock or unlock pulse.

Soldering is fun!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
powerking wrote:
Any advice on where to grab the door lock/unlock signal from? Someone said that all I have to do is tap into the factory lock/unlock wires that come off the GEM, and that way I don't need the relays or the diodes.....This sound right?
Yes, that is correct. As Kreg already mentioned there are several spots you can grab those door lock wires at. If you take a look up at the firewall behind the parking brake I am pretty sure you will see the door lock wires easily accessible.
As to the bypass...I agree the 1100F has proven bulletproof for me. They were made by Idata and, as already mentioned, your truck only requires one key to program.
Make sure you test for the GEM sleep mode when installing your system. If not, your door locks will not work until you remote start.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic