icon

pursuit series alarm 2000?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joseph909 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me how to activate new remotes for the Pursuit Series Model PRO 2000S Alarm. I used to install these all the time a while ago but i guess I forgot how to do it. Any help is appreciated Thank you.
Joseph Gonzalez
joseph909 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone I have a very easy question out there that I just forgot. I'm installing ignition kill with a Pursuit Alarm 2000 and i forgot to how to test the wires. I remember You cut the Starter Wire once found check if engine starts and it doesn't. Good so far. Then I get my probe and test the side which reads 12 volts during crank. So my question is the side that shows this is the Ignition switch side(87a on relay) or the Starter Solenoid side(30 from relay). I must of forgot because Ive been using these new alarms that can work either way doesnt matter what side you put your wires on . Thank everyone.
Joseph Gonzalez
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
If you turn the key to the start position and you get 12 volts, you are testing the ignition switch side.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  

To program a remote to your system, follow the following procedure:

1.) Turn the ignition to "ON" with the key.   Press the valet/programming button 3 times.   The horn/siren will chirp once, indicating that you are in programming mode.

2.) Press and hold the lock button on the remote you wish to program until the parking lights flash and you hear a long chirp (This happens within a second or so).  That remote is now programmed.

Note: If you have additional remotes you can repeat step 2.  The system will program up to 4 transmitters.

3.) Wait 15 seconds and the system will exit from programming mode, or you can turn off the ignition to exit program mode.

Lectric Guy
joseph909 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot.
Joseph Gonzalez

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic