icon

viper 211hv status led issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skeer 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Apologies if this is in the wrong forums section.. I was confused between Security and LED's.
Anyway, 2006 Isuzu I-280, previous owner had the 211HV installed and currently working as intended. However there was no status LED so I went searching, last night I found the controller box and indeed teh LED plug was empty. According to the install guide the LED port is fed by 2vdc however checking the two pins with a multimeter I found out different.
ok so checking each pin to ground I read 00.475 on pin 1, and 12.00 on pin 2. Checking between the pins I get 12.00vdc, now while I had the probes on the pins I hit unlock and lock both. Nothing changed.. the output voltage was constant. So Im confused as to how this circuit alternates between a bright working LED and a dead one if the voltage never changes.
Now here's the tricky part.. I did not know what voltage the blue LED i found was rated at, nor do I know the correct polarity of the plug since the install guide doesnt specify. So I plugged it in once..nothing, switched it and got a dimly lit LED. I thought for a minute that my connector was loose so I removed the plug, further secured the two wires into the connector and from then on I didn't get any more blue goodness.
So obviously I thought that I burnt the LED out, so I went and found another 5mm red led, temporarily wired it in parallel with the blue one but even though Im reading 12 volts out, neither LED illuminates.
Since this apparently defies science, I'm at a total loss.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
not ALL leds are created equal.
why not just buy the correct LED from abay or a local shop and plug it and be done with it?
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
X2 with itsyuk, failing that any standard NON resistive LED will work, done it myself, the output voltage should be 2-3 volts.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic