icon

viper 5902, 2007 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
interotony 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input... One minor related question. The LED built into the Valet Button/Antenna module constantly blinks even when alarm is not armed and I'm driving around. It's pretty bright, so just wondering if there is a way to have it only flash when the alarm is armed. I realize that I could bypass the ground cable for the light and wire it to my "ground when armed" wire, but just wondering if there's more of a setting/dip switch to resolve this.
interotony 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2011 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
Just adding some more info to this post...
my Valet is just wired in using the out of the box harness (I didn't do anything custom with it). Its a black wire with a green harness that plugs into the brain and the other end plugs into the Valet light. Other than the light flashing (constantly even when unarmed), the alarm functions normally. When I arm the alarm, I will get alert if I have any doors open etc, or that my proximity sensor is active. I get correct alerts for warn-away or full triggering, and the alarm sirens act normally too, so I can't think of anything that might be wrong. I do figure that the light flashing is wrong. Not sure if it's because I have not set the Valet switch (number of pushes etc) yet, changing it from default etc, but that was my only idea. Again, I know I could splice and make it only go on when armed like the Viper luminescent light pad I also installed, but since it's plugged in per instructions using out of the box harness, just trying to confirm there's nothing wrong, and whether there's something that can be turned off or fixed in settings.
interotony 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2011 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
oh and it flashes like this... 3 flashes (2 second pause) 2 flashes... it does this over and over
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2011 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried turning the ignition on then off?
interotony 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2011 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I have. to add more detail... As far as the other harnesses of the 5902, I'm only using the main harness, the on/off safety switch, the MUX port, valet console cable, D2D cable, and I have the BitWriter cable plugged in and run to a secret location where I can access it for future writing. Perhaps the brain is sensing that cable and the LEDs are because the unit is in programming mode? I wouldn't think so since the BW is not plugged in on the other end of this cable, but perhaps...
interotony 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2011 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I added the H3 harness with the pink wire only (all other wires de-pinned from the harness and still not using H2 harness at all), tapping it in to the IGN on the BCM harness and this has resolved the issue. I put two and two together based on some feedback from the message boards, recalling that when I was installing my Prox sensor, I tried the green and violet trigger wires before realizing that I would need to use the MUX port for warn-away tiggering. I'm guessing since I never had this cable in place, the brain never knew that the car was on thus those triggers never cleared. Armed and re-armed several times now with re-occurrence of that triggering or LED flashes (when not armed), so everything looks good.
Only remaining problem I'd like to know is resolved is that I've noticed that even if I set my shock sensor to level 15 using the Bitwriter, it's still very tough to get it to go off (I'm trying to shake the car heavily, and throw myself into the body where it's strong... even tried just rattling the brain while I had my speedometer out to access the brain). I seem to recall when I first installed the system, just a little shake of the brain would set it off... Does something have to be reset? I have Nuisance Prevention off (using the bitwriter). Not sure what the Zap function does so wondering if that is like a factory reset, and whether that's whats needed here...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic