icon

530t modules x 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
santafe98 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2011 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone, I'm searching for some info, I've been reading forum post after forum post here and elsewhere, and think I have the info I need, but just want to check that you think what I plan to do will work ok! I currently have a viper 5901 alarm installed, with 2 530T modules, for all four windows.
I wish to connect both RED / white wires from the modules, to just one aux wire on the alarm, to control from the remote windows down.
I already have the orange wires from both modules connected to orange on the alarm, so when I arm, they go up. Can I also splice an aux wire from the alarm, to the orange wires on the 530T's, so that if I wish I can roll up the windows without arming? If so do I need to diode isolate these connections? Thanks very much in advance for any help!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2011 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yes but diode isolate.
santafe98 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2011 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much for the quick reply! so would I diode isolate each of those connections, or just on the orange wires going to the aux wires?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2011 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
all.
santafe98 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
So, first off thank you so much for your help and advice! I connected up all the wires, and it seems to be working apart from 2 issues that I can't really work out. When I press Aux 1, all 4 windows go down, completely, they don't vent like the manual says they will. Then when I press Aux 2, all 4 windows do go up, but only an inch at a time, if press the aux 2 button again they go up another inch. I've adjusted the dip switches between all the different combinations, no difference...any ideas on what I've managed to do here?! If it helps, when I arm the alarm, all four windows go rolling straight up like they should. thanks again,
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
Set that aux for a timed output. Note the time it takes to close all 4 windows on arming add 2 seconds and that's the time you need
santafe98 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
hey thanks again, your a mine of knowledge, I don't have a bitwriter, so if I set the Aux 2, to timed 30 seconds using the buttons, will that be ok, or will it wear out the modules?
Also do you know of any reason of why the windows would go straight down without venting when I click aux 1? I've tried every dipswitch, and they go up and down ok, so wondering if I have something else set wrong?
Thanks again for all your help, really appreciate it!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
Won't do any damage they have thermal cut-outs.
cristu 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hi santafe98,
I have the same issue with the windows and I solved by setting the dipswitch 5 to OFF position. Check the polarity of your car windows motors. If not, check the wires connected to motor side, maybe are reversed.
Dipswitch #5 controls the polarity that the 530T switch input wires will respond to. For type A and type C systems, it must be set to the OFF (+) position. When the switch is in the off position the 530T responds to (+) positive inputs on its switch wires. If your vehicle has a type B system, this switch must be set to the ON (-) position, so the 530T will respond to (-) negative inputs on its switch wires. Remember, the type B system switches its wires to (-) ground rather than (+)12V.
santafe98 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
hey, Thanks guys for the replies, and help, really appreciated! So, I reset the Aux 1, to default, and it is now working and windows vent/go down as they are meant to...SO happy!! love it when things work!
Aux 2, for putting the windows up again, when I put it to the default setting of validity, they go back up as long as I hold down the aux 2 button, when I set it to timed, it still just goes up a bit at a time. This channel was originally set to 4 seconds on the timer, by someone with a bitwriter, when it was being used for something else, would 4 seconds still be stored even if I tried to reset it using the valet button, to default and then back to timed? Is there a way for me to reset it back to 30 secs using the valet button?
Thanks for all your help again, would be lost without these forums!
p,s Cristu, where are you in Romania? I also live in Romania, in Oradea...small world!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic