icon

viper 540m no siren output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
Is this system used or refurb by chance? It is possible to turn the horn output off in the feature programming. If it was previously installed in a different vehicle these features could be off
imtheman0313 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
I bought it brand new, in the box, ive tried all the programming options available for the horn honk, and I just retested the wire with an analog multimeter.... the voltage is (+) definitely, but the problem is that my meter doesnt even read 1mA. The needle does not move on the mA readout. im beginning to think that there may be a transistor somewhere bad, but to find that out I would have to locate and test each one....or if its one of the 3 ics on the board, there would be no way I could fix it, seeing as how they r all surface mount. blech
imtheman0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
ok, so I made a more sensitive multimeter. Apparently mine wasnt sensitive enuf. The new one gives me real-time data, as opposed to updating every second. If I wire an LED to the output line, positive from the box, to ground, it will light up ever so slightly, which means that the (+) Amperage is negligible at best. If I reverse it, and use the box as ground, as dictated by the installation manual, the power will flow back thru to ground and the LED will light up. My new meter says that it is flowing back to ground, so now my question has changed, and become, y wont this wire work to power a relay coil if I run constant power to the relay, and the box switch to ground?
imtheman0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
I guess ill just save sum money and buy an alarm/remote start, i can get a decent viper combo for about 120. thx anyway guys.
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Use the parklight circut to drive a relay for the horn.  It will honk with the parklights.
imtheman0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yeaaahhhhhhh, I tried that first. But the whole hhhhhooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk hhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk on unlock was kind of annoying. The lights flash keep the circuit live for quite a long time on unlock, and with 3 horns (OE honda + 2 truck horns, gotta have horns louder than my engine haha) it was assured to wake ppl up in the next state.
I figure I'll just save up 200 bux and buy a new one in 2 years. lol
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic