icon

1998-2002 Honda Accord Factory Alarm Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mazda 6t9 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2011 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
1998-2002 or so Honda accords have the blue wire in the drivers door to disable the factory security system as everyone knows. I have been seeing more of these cars owners wanting a cheap remote start system. In order to lower costs and disable factory security systems could you just ground the wire inside the door to the screw that is right next to the handle inside the door?
I have tried this with a skewdriver without even taking off the panel. Just remove the screw from inside the handle, then remove handle and power window switch assembly. Splice in a piece of wire about same gauge and put a ring terminal on the opposite end you spliced wire. Get skewdriver and pull out silver factory screw with Phillips head #2. Put ring terminal on screw and screw back in. The door shows a good solid ground closed and opened. This has been over a month with no issues.
It just sends a constant ground to the factory alarm telling it not to arm.
I got the idea from the acuras having factory alarm issues and them just connecting the factory hood pin wire to the ground supply wire for the pin. By connecting them the alarm always thinks the hood is open and NEVER arms.
Does anyone see any downfall to just grounding the blue wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'm surprised you've had no problems with grounding it to the door. That trick won't work on most cars, ground it to the window switch ground, then it will ALWAYS work.
"Body/chassis" ground inside the door depends SO MUCH on integrity of the hinges, stay and lock catch. Too many variables.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

I have never in my life, heard of this "trick" ! To bypass Accord factory alarms (temporarily, NOT permanent) you interupt the ign. feed to the

security system. Although I have never used this... never needed to? As Howie stated.... inside the door, attached TO THE DOOR, is not "grounded"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic