icon

codealarm conrol air ride

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigpimpin18 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2011 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
I want to see if my CodeAlarm will control my Air Bag set up. I have 5 switches. One switch for each corner and one for pancake. I want to be able to at least pancake the car when I hit a button. Is this possible, if so how would i go about doing it?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
You would have to test the wires and see what they do, most likey you woule need relays for this project, i did this once, but the controls were all located in a nice box type unit where i housed all the relays, it was totally awesome. codealarm conrol air ride -- posted image.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
bigpimpin18 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I want it to dump when I arm the car and lift when I disarm the car. The wiring is pretty straight forward as far as the airbags. I have a dedicated line for each valve (8 wires, 4 fiil and 4 for dump) I just need to know what wires to tap into in the alarm and how I should wire it to my pancake switch?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
You are going to need 4 aux outputs, can you produce a wiring digram showing the switching?
bigpimpin18 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
codealarm conrol air ride -- posted image.
This is kind of a rough sketch. And there's another switch that's for the pancake and it just taps into the ups and downs of the other 4 switches
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Only if you have 8 aux outputs and 8 relays. Each up and down is a 5 wire lock type.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I say ten howard and he can do what his heart desires, using the lock and unlock outputs and extending them to about a 3.5 second pulse, two relays one on the lock and unlock wire respectively to boost the signal, and the unlock one supplies the four relays to trigger the up on disarm and the lock to trigger down on arm, the trick here would be that when you use the lock and unlock triggers in the car for the locks you would have to take the ignition locking and unlocking off otherwise with ignition lock the car would go down, and with unlcok you would come up, and diode isolate the signal from the rocker switch if there is one present, again because if you use the rocker the car would go up and down, LOL, alot more trouble than it's worth, but hey, good luck.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
If your minimum requirement is pancake control, then 2 AUX channels is sufficient if you want to control it from the remote. (Pancake up / pancake down)
If you want to control pancake via arm/disarm then you shouldn't need any aux channels. Airing out via-armed should be possible by using the alarms status-output wire connected to a Constant to Pulsed output relay. It may be possible to use the starter kill relay control as well since it is working in the same manner. Check out the relay diagrams, Constant to momentary output, to see what fits your application best.
How long does it take to air out the ride typically? You would want to configure for full dump from max height to make sure you bottom out I imagine. Might want to use a larger capacitor to keep the dumps open longer.
They also make some programmable modules that will do the same for you. $20-$25 shipped the PAC TR-7; option #15 should work. Then you just need to add a relay to do the same thing your Pancake-down switch does. (energizes all 4 dump valves) Then you can do the same for disarming and pancake-up.
Depending the route you go, 2 TR-7s adds a decent amount of cost to the project, there are probably some cheaper not as flexible options as well.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2011 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
What he said.  It shouldn't take more than a couple seconds for the car to dump fully.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic