icon

90 integra, upgrading big three

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
philharmonicjdm 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1990 Acura Integra stock alt. and stock wiring i am doing the big 3 and I am also thinking about relocating the battery to the trunk i have 20ft of 4ga and 20ft of 0/1 i was planning on using the 4ga in the engine bay then connecting my pos(alt+under-hood fuse box) to the 0/1 to the trunk to the battery(+). my battery is a everstart max around 750 cca's it has a vent hose for fumes i would run out the trunk.
teenkertoy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
Welcome to the12volt
In general, it's best to start your own thread (in the future) instead of tacking onto another one.
Do you want to move the battery because you need extra room in the engine bay for something else? What do you want to accomplish by moving the single battery to the trunk?
Running 1/0 from the battery (+) to the engine bay, and using 4ga for the big 3, seems reasonable so long as the positive cables are also protected with fuses. You will also need to create a rock-solid ground point in the trunk for the battery to attach to.
Based on the cable you plan on running, I can only guess you want to play loud. If after you get everything up and running the battery/alternator system does not provide enough power for you, a higher output alternator is the next step worth considering.
-J
Malcom: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."
Jayne: "We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode.
philharmonicjdm 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
i am new to forums and i am having trouble finding where to start new threads. anyway moving the battery would mainly be for looks, space, cleaning up engine bay and weight-distribution. i would like to start a post for this car and pick up there but dont know how lol
teenkertoy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you should be alright. Just be sure to vent that battery properly, clamp it down securely, and add a fuse to the 1/0 lead as close to the battery as you can (within a foot at the longest). Fuse is to protect the cable from welding itself to the car's body and causing a fire if it gets short circuited.
-J
Malcom: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."
Jayne: "We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic