the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

12 speaker setup w 2 amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tresvatos 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have 4 polk 6.5 ( 8ohm) and 2 polk-5.25(8ohm) componet speakers, also I have 2 kicker comp 10 inch subwoofers and 4 polk tweeters.

Using a Sony Old School Xpold Amplifier Output Details 200.0 Watt - 2.0 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.1 % - 14.4V DC - 4.0 channel(s) , 75.0 Watt - 4.0 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.04 % - 2.0 channel(s) , 140.0 Watt - 4.0 Ohm - THD 0.1 % - 4.0 channel(s) and a Pioneer Class D mono GM-D7500M rated at 800 watts max....what options would I have to wire these peakers using these two amps.. These are suplied signal via a Pioneer deck with 2 sets of RCA outputs... Thank you for your ideas..Greg

KyferEz 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Xpold isn't old school. ES series is (I still have several). ;)
The best option to run all the speakers at once is to run two of the 6.5" in parallel to one channel, and the other 2 6.5" to another channel and the two 5.25" to the other two channels.
Run the two tweeters in parallel with either the 6.5 or the 5.25 set, whichever you want. Make sure the tweeters have a crossover either built-in or separate.
This isn't the best situation for the mids, but it will work.
Then I assume the subs are single-coil? Run the subs in parallel to the pioneer amp.
Both set of rca to the 4-ch amp. You will need another to the sub amp. Either use an electronic crossover (good) or use some RCA Y splitters (works) to split one of the two sets for the sub amp.
KyferEz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Oops, just noticed you said 4 tweeters, not 2. Wire each in parallel with everything else on each channel of the 4-ch amp.
tresvatos 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
ok makes sense..i have bass blockers on the tweeters, so that should take care of them..  are  you saying to wire the 5.25s to the twochannels that are left since I think you mean to wire the four 6.5s to two channels of the four in parallel...then maybe the tweeters and the 5.25s to the other two channels in parallel.. this is a four channel RED sony amp over ten years old just FYI. Thanks for the input! 
KyferEz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
The four 6.5"s and two tweeters to two of the channels. Parallel 2 6.5"s and a tweeter all to the same channel.
Two 5.25"s and two tweeters to the other two channels. Parallel a 5.25" and a tweeter to the same channel.
Yea, I know them, I have a 1200 watt mono block Red Xplode in my garage collecting dust... I don't usually buy Sony stuff; but the old ES amps I like for mids and highs.
tresvatos 
Posted: May 18, 2011 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
makes sense..will just have to cut gain way down for the 5.25s and tweeters to avoid sending too muxch signal and blowing them
tresvatos 
Posted: July 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Believe it or not, this is how I decided to hook up my system, solely on limited space that i had available.. I have the Sony Old Red XPLOD hooked up with four speakers ( 2-5.25" and 2-6.5" polks ) wired in parallel to the front two speaker channels, so thats pushing a 2 ohm load on front with the speakers being 4ohm a piece paralleled to two channels. Then on the back Two channels I have the Kicker 10s 4 ohm each wired BRIDGED to the rear two speaker channels pulling those cahnnels for 2ohm load. This is a free Air setup in a boat.. I realize I may be over using this AMP, although I have a capacitor and extra cooling fans installed inline with the AMP. I have a Pioneer Mono AMP, but NO place to put it.. give me your thoughts if I am abusing this Sony Amp..this system sounds so great and Bass SPL is deeper than any car I have ever heard before..Please see the video in the link and let me know what you think.. the volume is very low out of respect fro neighbors.. thanks, greg             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWHJdcNZXM

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic