icon

85 k5 blazer 4wd stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hshark 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2011 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone so I am having an issue installing my kenwood head unit kdc x769. I looked up my vehicles wiring info on hear and it seems that its either not correct or I'm crazy. The info said constant 12v is orange and yellow is I can't recall exactly but also 12v. So I am looking at my blazers wiring and the only orange wire I see is conected to the a/c panel bigger guage wire. So I don't have a tester but I also don't see any Other orange wire. Maybe one of you could help. For the record I did a search and found nothing on this issue. Thanks in advance for your help.
Kenwood harness= red constant 12v, yellow 12v memory, black is ground etc etc
Blazer= no orange, 1 yellow, 1 tan, 1 yellow/black, another yellow, and speakers green blue etc etc
memphis car audio all around
KyferEz 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well you can figure it out yourself with a multimeter... It's not hard.
Put it in VDC mode, hook the black lead to a piece of metal on the body that isn't painted, and read the voltages on each line when the blazer is off and key out and when it's running.
The +12 constant will show up always above 11V
The +12 switched will be above 11V when running
The ground will always read 0.xx
The other wires may be auto-dim for headlights, antenna power, etc. and aren't likely important.
KyferEz 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2011 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Edit: Hook the red lead to each wire in turn. Do it when car off and when running. Write down results and compare to my 4 sentences that start with "The" in my first post...
hshark 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
i will buy a multimeter today i dont have one and i believbe its neccecary, i appreciate your help and tips....
memphis car audio all around
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
The factory harness should be have a few larger black connectors and a small one with 2 wires. one of them is constant the other is the illumination wire.
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the small two wire plug has a orange wire that is constant 12v, OR you can tap into the orange wire at the Cig lighter right next to the radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic