icon

sony xav 60 pin output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
is200_turbo 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all I'm looking for the pin output for the above headunit the car came with it installed but the secondary connector was not plugged in
This missing cable gives access to aux inputs and line level outputs including sub along with reverse camera trigger input
I'm thinking of opening the unit up to identify the pins but someone here may have the schematic which saves component tracing lol
I tried online support from Sony and got no where I did find a part number for the missing harness but no where stocks it :-(
Any ideas guys
Andrew
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Don't try it, badger Sony or one of their dealers for the part why is it missing anyway?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

RCA CORD (FRONT/REAR/SUB-W/AUDIO IN) 2 TO 3 DAYS< color=#ff0000>*  $23.22 

1-800-421-5080  pacific coast parts

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
SONY

RCA CORD (VIDEO IN) 2 TO 3 DAYS< color=#ff0000>*  $20.92 
or pacparts.com
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Don't try it, badger Sony or one of their dealers for the part why is it missing anyway?
My only guess is the previous owner of the car didnt plug it in as the didn't need the features supplied via it and this when I got the car it's missing real pain but hey ho
Gonna badger Sony tomorrow for it ASAP
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ref your post a pal of mine went to install a rear camera into a car with a Pioneer AVIC H/U. He rang me to go on the net and check out the wiring because he couldn't find the camera switching input.
Turns out the original installers had kept the part back and wanted to charge £60 ($90) for it.
To me, that's fraud and I'm so glad I place all the unused parts back in the box and tell the owner. It saves so much grief later
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  
yeah i cant understand places that do that infact i think this could be whats happened just looked on the original box, and surprise surprise it was a halfords purchase now if they fitted it and it worked without this lead the probably would have thrown it away, plus some of the lugs are broke around the stereo it self so my guess is shody workmanship...   
all this just so i can see when reversing up to a tow hitch
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
Halfords install, for Mr I's benefit, their installs make Circuit City look like super pros!
They're fit for sorting push bikes, batteries and wiper blades. Between them and the recession, they've killed the car audio market in the UK.
In fact I used to do the installs at 3 local stores, the sales people didn't trust their own installers!
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2011 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged  
jut ordered the part from sony 22.60 so not to bad but still it should have been left in the box for the previous car owner.
the guys in halfords dont know much unless its there own brand stuff and i would not let them change a battery in my cars i seen them in action sony xav 60 pin output -- posted image.
cnbro 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2011 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem. I bought an open box XAV-60 for $250 without this cable thinking I would not need it. I have wire a connection but I have no idea which pin is the backup/reverse switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Colin
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic