2011 chevy express van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gwtill 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I need to install a remote door unlock on my 2011 Chevy based class C RV. I would like to unlock and lock the doors as well as sound horn for lock confirmation.
I removed the drivers side switch panel from the door panel and see numerous very small wires coming from the lock/unlock button but I don't think these are the wires I need. Wire color and location would be a great help. the light flash would also be nice.
Thanks for your help
Gary
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to Bulldog Security site for the complete wiring info :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

POWER LOCK          PINK/BLACK (TYPE A)              IN DRIVERS KICK or BCM, GRAY PLUG, PIN 12, SEE NOTE #2

POWER UNLOCK    ORANGE / BLACK (TYPE A)      IN DRIVERS KICK or BCM, GRAY PLUG, PIN 11, SEE NOTE #2

Depending on the aftermarket remote keyless system you purchase, you might need a DEI 451M module if your choice does not have built in door lock relays and directly support the Type A (+) locks.

There are many RKE systems on the market, like the AVITAL 2101L.  Some research will be necessary to find the one that meets all your needs.

Soldering is fun!
gwtill 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the information.
I do have power door locks and I purchased the Viper 211HV. I believe it is basicallly the same as the avital system but not positive
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

The 211HV is a good choice and will directly support the Type A (+) door locks, horn honk and parking light confirmation.

The install guide in the Downloads section does not give real good instructions for wiring the door locks.

You definitely want to verify the door lock type / polarity.  While Bulldog shows it as Type A, Audiovox lists

the same wires as Type B (-).
 Power Unlock     ORANGE / BLACK  (-)     AT BCM MODULE UNDER RIGHT SIDE OF DASH or Drivers Kick Panel 
 PowerLock          PINK/BLACK  (-)            AT BCM MODULE UNDER RIGHT SIDE OF DASH or Drivers Kick Panel

If you find and verify your door locks as Type A, connect as follows ( info for door locks only ) :

H1/5 GREEN/ Black to Pink/Black Lock wire
H1/6 WHITE/ Black Not Used
H1/7 Violet/Black to +12v constant thru 20Amp fuse
H1/8 Blue/Black to ORANGE / Black Unlock wire
H1/9 Violet to +12v constant thru 20Amp fuse
H1/17 BROWN / Black Not Used

Soldering is fun!
gwtill 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed there was only one lock and one unlock wire listed. This would mean that both driver and passenger doors would have to be locked and unlocked at the same time. Is there anyway to unlock the driver's door with the first push and the passenger's door with the second push of the remote?
I definitely agree that the door lock/unlock instructions are not very helpful.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

I'll try and explain this easily for "progressive unlock"

You'll need to cut the Violet wire off of the fuseholder, you'll send +12 volts into that wire,  and the wire with the fuse holder will be connected to -Ground

cut the WHITE/ Black off, you wont use that.

Connect the GREEN/ Black to the Pink/Black at the BCM

Now you'll use the Blue/Black and BROWN / Black... to wire RIGHT AT THE UNLOCK MOTOR IN THE DRIVERS DOOR.     Cut the wire that shows +12V when you UNLOCK the door,  Connect the Blue/Black to the MOTOR side wire and the BROWN / Black wire to the wire comming from the switch.

Now.. when you lock the doors, the module will send a ground to the lock wire at the BCM, and when you press unlock.. it will unlock just the drivers door motor.

Then take the BLUE (2nd unlock) output wire and connect that to the ORANGE / Black wire at the BCM.   The 2nd unlock pulse will then trigger the BCM to UNLOCK all the doors.

I would recommend putting a fuse on that Violet wire that you cut from the fuseholder.  That way your Violet +12V unlock input will be fused,  well as Violet/Black -12V Lock input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic