icon

i need steps to disable flashing parking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Completely different circuits, you won't even be sure the alarm's causing your problem 'till you disconnect the brown wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I should have said, if you have yellow or amber indicator lights like a European or Japanese home market car, lighting and indicators are completely separate circuits.
jwarren808 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
i think earlier i was using the terms "parking lights" and "turn signals" as if they were one thing, which i was wrong since they are seperate things, which i just realised,
because there are two different bulbs in the corner lenses, one does the blinking when using turn signals, and the other one stays on, making car easier to see in the dark, which i think some call the "running lights" or "parking lights"?             
tell me if i'm correct, but i think when the alarm arms or disarms the car that it is flashing the running/parking lights and not the turn signal lights?          
i'm not sure which lights are flashing when pressing the hazard button?     if it the parking/running lights? or turn signals?
i just know the hazards flash lights at all four corners of the vehicle simultaneously.
so would you say that i should forget about the turn signal lights? and just focus on the parking/running lights instead?      
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
It depends on whether you read my last post and understnad it, totally irrevelant cut the bloody brown wire!
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
YES CUT THE BROWN WIRE! It is the Parklights that SHOULD be connectec to the alarm, NOT the turn signals.  It is almost certainly a problem in the alarm brain.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Actually it could be either if that vehicle has AMBER indicators, that's how we wire them in the rest of the world, NOT the lights but it doesn't matter Just cut the bloody  brown wire and we're done with this overlong post!
jwarren808 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2011 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
just to follow up,
first off thanks,
i know i procrastinated, it was raining bad some days, and other days really super hot, and when its cooler at night i can't do much cause it makes noise and neighbors can hear me working around the car.
first i needed to find the brain, it was jammed deep under the dash behind the fusebox and lots of wire looms and stuff.
i saw the brown wire, and followed where it went just to make sure it connected to the RED / GRN parking light wires, (which it did).
i cut the brown wire, and i tested out the alarm,   and it worked!
the lights did'nt flash anymore and plus it did'nt act funny like it used to and do all that random arm/disarm stuff,   and it just armed when i wanted it to and disarmed when i wanted it to.
so the problem is fixed and i am really happy because i can use my alarm again, and not worry about my battery draining or the lights getting stuck on.
so i just wanted to thank you for your proper replies,   because you saved me from having to pay a shop to fix it for me.
its good at this time especially since i have plexi-glass for a drivers window temporarily until i get a new window, because my car was broken into a month ago and they got 2 amps and headunit, but not my 4 coaxials and 10" sub (luckily).
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic