icon

viper 5901 control button

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zeros 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
hi i installed a viper 5901 in  a 2010 jeep jk . i used a chall interface.    i can not get the control button to work.  cant  enter programing mode  by pushing the control button.  i used a bit writer to  get into program mode,which worked fine.. got the remote start to work...but if the alarm goes off when i deactivate the alarm the light on the control center with the antena contines to blink and i can not turn it off with the remote....  so i zapped the viper 5901 back to factory settings but still does the same thing and now  i cant pair the remote back with the unit because i can not get the control button to respond.. any other way to pair the remotes ?    could it just be a bad button on the control center ? but i still dont know why the blue light continues to blink after i turn off the alarm...  thanks a lot for any ideas 
zeros 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
if the control button is bad .. could i just   cut the wire for the buton and put in a new button ?  anyone know which of the six wires coming from the control center  is for the button ?  thanks
blockrockin 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
i installed a viper 5901 and i can not seem to get into program mode or system pairing mode for the remote  .  i grounded the green  h1/8 wire and still nothing ? i am using a chall interface. i guess it could just be a bad button/harness  on the control center ,   i have a bit writer is their anyway to get into pairing mode with it ?  
grunnsetning 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
My 5901 just started acting up on me.
It will not stay running.
So I tried to get into the settings to check some stuff and my control button also does nothing.
Any ideas?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 30, 2011 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
is it possible you locked programming with the Bitwriter?? or did not hook up the Ign wire for the 5901?   the LED should stop flashing as soon as it sees Ign....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
orangedude71 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
IM having the same issue with a 2012 wrangler automatic on a 5704V. Cant get it to go into program mode to switch to autmatic transmission. Any way to do this wihout a bit writer?
orangedude71 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
for those looking to resolve their problem. It needed an ignition sense wire.. ie. the pink wire on the Viper remote start connector needed to know that 12V was getting to the ignition. Even though The Dball and chthd2 harnesss connect them to the viper brain, it needs it into the other connector. I diode isolated it as had been suggested from some other folks. Not sure that it matters or not but it did the trick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic