the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

must choose trunk release or dome light?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Don't think that's true, I read that post and he had a crappy POS Italian alarm, the car was either an Audi or a Mercedes, different locking system to the Camry, take a 528t and wire as follows:
Lock wire to BLACK/ white.
12V+ constant at 5 amp fused.
Ground to black and yellow.
Brown to door trigger.
Orange not used.
Adjust the pot on the 528t for the time you need.
Far as I can tell, you won't loose your car finder.
You could even use another 528t in conjunction with your
LOCK wire to give you a car finder, just press the lock button on the remote.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

opting for the dome light and have the domelight wire also control a relay the would temporarily divert the unlock wire to become a trunk pop wire would work too.

i have done it lots of times with old dei units where i wanted another channel.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
theguy1 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
You gave me a number of options with 528T relay timer.
But, I am not quite clear on the last part about hooking 528T to lock wire. Does it put it in car finder mode every time I lock the car via remote transmitter?
Thanks.
howie ll wrote:
Don't think that's true, I read that post and he had a crappy POS Italian alarm, the car was either an Audi or a Mercedes, different locking system to the Camry, take a 528t and wire as follows:
Lock wire to BLACK/ white.
12V+ constant at 5 amp fused.
Ground to black and yellow.
Brown to door trigger.
Orange not used.
Adjust the pot on the 528t for the time you need.
Far as I can tell, you won't loose your car finder.
You could even use another 528t in conjunction with your
LOCK wire to give you a car finder, just press the lock button on the remote.
theguy1 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the post. Because I have very limited experience with these, I am having a hard time following your thought.
Did you mean to say that option for dome light and trunk have dome light wire? Could you explain to me again, please? Thanks.
itsyuk wrote:

opting for the dome light and have the domelight wire also control a relay the would temporarily divert the unlock wire to become a trunk pop wire would work too.

i have done it lots of times with old dei units where i wanted another channel.

itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

this particular suggestion is for interior lights that are constantly powered and ground through a pillar switch or body control module... other systems will need retweaking to make it work for them...

since your alarm has dome light supervision ...

if you constant power an extra relay and have its ground tie into the cars interior light ground wire.

then run its 30 terminal to the unlock wire from the alarm.

87 would go to a relay that triggers the trunk popper.

87a would go to the door unlock relay.

Anytime the door is open OR the domelight supervision relay is active... pushing the unlock button on the remote will pop the trunk instead of unlocking the doors.

i have used this on lots of mostly GM cars over the years.

it only needs to be a regular relay.

yuk
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

here is a crop from a pic back in the days when i used MSPaint to make wiring diagrams and stuff....

it is the same principal but i used it to activate an early series 551T remote start from an alarm that had no extra channels.

as long as the door wasnt open or the domelightsupervion wasnt on, the car would start instead of popping the trunk.

dont pay attention to the colors. most cars i did had their own unique color scheme to them, i would remove all the wires and put them where they werent originaly, just to make it harder for the bad guys.

and "screw-u loops" were implemented whenever possible.must choose trunk release or dome light? - Page 2 -- posted image.

must choose trunk release or dome light? - Page 2 -- posted image.

yuk
theguy1 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
Took me awhile to figure it out. This post and the post with the diagram really help. I am pretty sure I've got it. Very smart idea! That's the difference between a pro and an amateur like me.
Just to make sure, I would be pressing unlock button twice to pop the trunk with this approach and the Aux button (trunk) button on the remote is not used anymore. Am I right?
Thanks.
itsyuk wrote:
 this particular suggestion is for interior lights that are constantly powered and ground through a pillar switch or body control module... other systems will need retweaking to make it work for them...
since your alarm has dome light supervision ...
if you constant power an extra relay and have its ground tie into the cars interior light ground wire.
then run its 30 terminal to the unlock wire from the alarm.
87 would go to a relay that triggers the trunk popper.
87a would go to the door unlock relay.
Anytime the door is open OR the domelight supervision relay is active... pushing the unlock button on the remote will pop the trunk instead of unlocking the doors.
i have used this on lots of mostly GM cars over the years.
it only needs to be a regular relay.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Yes.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

correct!!

I certainly cant take credit for coming up with the idea .... but i will take credit for remembering it. .....LOL

and if you had an alarm with 4 extra channels you could use a single 4PDT relay and flip all 4 channels for 4 more options. been there and done that too!!

the only major downside is that the if it is an option that needs the have the button(s) held down, the function must be a less amount of  time than the DLS time..

yuk
theguy1 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you howie ll and itsyuk. You guys gave me lots of options and confirmed what I could and could not do. I am sure this will help the next newbie with similar questions. Thank you all.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic