icon

compustar cm6000, aux 2 wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sniickers 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2011 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Compustar CM6000 AS unit. Got it fully installed after purchasing from an ebay member. My question is do any one know what the Aux 2 wire is (color)? I read through the full menu and many different models and apparantly this model is different for all the rest. Every wire according to the installation diagram is labeled with its on unique name including the Aux 1 wire. But no where is there a listing for the Aux 2 wire. Can any one explain why or how to find this wire? Will it require a OP500 to reprogram one of the wires which I have seen can be done? Please let me know because I live in the middle of no where called Warner Robins, Ga and have access to no Compustar installer who may have an OP500. Thanks in advance for any help.
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2011 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
There is now wire dedicated for Aux one on the 6000 brain. You have to have the OP500 programmer To change the "POC" wires/ The poc can be changed to do anything from dome light supper, which if you notice is not programmed factory either, to the aux 2 or aux 3 or aux 4. If you contact Compustar and ask really nice they may let you send it to them and program it for you. But there is absolutely not an alternative to using the op500 to program these options. it can not be done any other way. If you look at the diagram you will notice that every other wire on the White CN3 Harness has POC and a number on it. So if there are wires you don't need like 2nd starter out, you can change it to AUX2
Page 22 in the install manual has a list of what the POC's can be programmed to.
Below is a link to the install guide.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=981
franknitty69 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
By default Aux 1 is Violet (Pin 19 on CN3) and Aux 2 is disabled.
In order to use Aux 2, you will need to change one of the unused POC's from default to Aux2 Out.
There are 9 POC's and what they default too is in the manual.
like mankyle stated you will need an OP500 to make this change, but you can also use an ads-idatalink usb cable or a 2-way remote to change this option.
How to use a 2-way remote is in the manual as well; Option Programming Using a Remote Pg. 30 (full install manual).
"When the slugs penetrate you'll feel a burning sensation..." - Prodigy of Mobb Deep
sniickers 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
I think the ads-idatalink usb cable will probably be a better option for me. I can find it kinda cheaper than the op500. My question is however, do I need to use or buy any thing else to use the ads-idatalink usb cable? And do I need any kind of special software? Thanks in advance.
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2011 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
The idatalink  wont do POC's you can do other programming but you cant change the "Special Programming Options" With out a op500 and the POC's are special programming options. You have to have the op500.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
the ads-usb will only allow brain updates and minor install options. you wont be able to change any POC. you will need a blade module and weblink from idatalink.com
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2011 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Actually when using an Idatalink BLADE-AL you can do mutiple things with the CM-6000. This includes accessing the option menu's to change your Programmable Output Channel to what ever you need (aux 2 in your case). But the only restriction you have with using the idatalink website is to program a custom ground output. 4-1-4 and 4-2-4. For those who don't know about this feature, it is on Step 3 when your flashing the BLADE-AL

In this particular case. If you do not have an Option Programmer (OP500) or a BLADE-AL. You will have to either obtain an OP500 or send in your brain to have someone set the options for you.

Call 888-820-3690 and speak to customer service to find a local dealer in the area.

"dont ground out!"
sniickers 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
So can I use this,
ebay item
and if so what else would I need?
I want to assign one of the POC's to aux 2 and adjust the times from special option group 1.
Thanks in advance.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Your link doesn't work and the URL said Blade-TB. You will need to use a Blade-AL. Again, this is only if you have an ADS-USB cable.

I'm currenlty talking with someone for you in Warner Robins, GA. Give me a few.

Message me when you get a chance with everything you got and what you are trying to use the Aux's for.

"dont ground out!"
sniickers 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
So to clarify..........
I just need the Blade-AL and the ads-usb then go to the idatalink website and then I can make changes in both special option groups 1 and 2 correct?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic