icon

viper 5901 on 2002 chevy avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilchepe 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

hello my people. ok i will try to be as simple and detailed as possible..im posting this because im having difficulty hooking up a viper 5901 on a 02 avalanche..

the major problem im having is knowing which wire goes where. im talking about the fat gauge 10 pin connector from the alarm..i do have the wiring manual for the alarm and the wiring diagram for the vehicle. i start the truck and it does say on the remote that it did start on vehicle but nothing happens. the neutral safety switch is on. the only thing i need help with is help knowing which wires from the 10 pin connector are to be used and connected to the vehicle..i like to point out that when i turned the ignition key on and remote started the vehicle it did turned on so obviously i know im not hooking it right.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

Viper  H3                                                                                             Ignition switch harness
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT                                                   Pink         
H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2                                           Red +12v Constant
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT                                                    Orange
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)                                        Yellow   (cut)
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)                                            Yellow   (cut)
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT                                           Red  +12v Constant
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                        White     Factory programming default of IGN2
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A                                            N.U.
H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT       Red  +12v Constant
H3/10 NC (no connection)

To power the vehicles ACC2 circuit, add 30/40A SPDT realy as follows:

Relay Pin 85 to Viper ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12v Constant ( Red ) fused @ 30A
Relay Pin 30 to Brown ACC2 wire @ ignition switch harness
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
What did you use for the Passlock 2 bypass?
Soldering is fun!
lilchepe 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
i am using the xpresskit model XK06-PKG7. your are the man kreg357. your info has been very helpful. i will configure this truck as soon as i get a chance.. thank you very much
kreg357 
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
XPressKit lists the XK06 with PLXR Ver 3.00 for your truck.   Not sure if the PKG7 firmware will work. 
Soldering is fun!
lilchepe 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2011 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
they informed me that it should work that it has been updated with the new firmware...im going to give it a try..man your good at this i really appreciate it.
lilchepe 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2011 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 you are very knowledgeable i finally hooked it up according to your spec and it worked thank you very much

kreg357 
Posted: July 08, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the update and the kind words.  An Avalanche with a remote starter is a beautiful thing!  viper 5901 on 2002 chevy avalanche -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic