icon

fader not working on alpine deck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stormraider04 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
I searched the forums and couldn’t find any info on this. If there was a previous forum please link me to it.
I have an Alpine xi-100. I went to change the fading from front to back and it is completely messed up. I checked all the RCAs to make sure I did not accidentally put the left RCA into the right etc. I even did a continuity test to make sure I the RCAs were in the right place. When I fade from front to back it goes from subwoofers being back and front being mids. And left to right goes from left being front mids and right being back mids. Is there something else it could be? Is the deck going bad? Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
how many sets of rcas are in the car and is everything on amplifiers? also did you check continuity with both ends of all rcas uplugged from the headunit and amp. If not there is usually a common ground and you may have been getting a false reading.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Use only one set of RCA cables, connect them to the front channels of the radio.  Connect to the front channels of the amp.   Fade front and then rear.  Do the speakers only play when faded to the front?  Now connect the same set of RCAs to the radio's rear channels.  Fade front and rear and notice if it only plays when faded to the rear.

Also, when you checked continuity, did you also check the shields?

stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2011 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
I have 3 sets of RCAs. one for the front mids one for the back mids and one for the subwoofers. each going to an amplifier. I have one 400.4 amp for the mids and one 1000.1 for the subs. For the continuity test I unplugged the RCAs from the head unit and amplifier and tested that way. I did the plug part I did not test the shield. I didn't think that would matter if the plug was working. "I am an idiot" I will test that tomorrow by connecting one set and seeing what it does and I will post results.
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Do not worry about the continuity test, simply follow the instructions I posted earlier, and let me know what you figure out.
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry took so long for me to test. Been busy. So I unplugged the rear RCAs and music still comes out of them. The fading still is working the same as I mentioned before. Front to back is mids on or off and left to right is front to back. I get music through all speakers just using RCAs in the front channel. Could it be my amp? Or something else? Never really heard of this happening before. Especially that the rear speakers r still working when the RCAs which r suppose to send the signal to them r disconnected. I've gone through all my settings in my deck to make sure nothing is set wrong. I also made sure the amp is hooked up to the correct speakers.
Thanks for helping me with this.
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a 2 Channel / 4 Channel switch?  If there is, make sure it is in the 4 Channel position.  But it sounds like you do have a problem with your amp.
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I looked and it is set to 4 channel. So it is most likely the amp not the deck?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2011 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Uh does that deck have a switch on the bottom to switch between 3way and something else? Does it happen to have the imprint built into it?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't see a switch but I know it has the imprint built in.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic