icon

memphis 16 bridge / big belle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ansalon72 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2011 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

I have an older Memphis Belle 16-ST 1300D, (the one with the bomber in the top left corner). Here's part of my setup as it applies to just this amp;

Front: Focal mids / tweets

Rear: Zapco mids

Sub: DC Audio 8's

Audiocontrol 4Xs

H/U Clarion FZ709

The Belle has only a single sub input. Memphis advises against running a splitter (down to one) off the deck. I've heard both sides of the argument with using either the right or left pre-out from the deck. Either way, it is my understanding that if I do one side or the other, I will lose a part of my sound. So, will the 16 Bridge solve my problem?

I'm pretty sure I've listed all the info I need to. If not, let me know. Thanks very much. (Don't know why everything is double spacing).

Fine the employers.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

I assume you're talking about the "left" and "right" subwoofer outputs on the Clarion FZ709?  It is a mono output so use either of them, it doesn't matter.

Support the12volt.com
ansalon72 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2011 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

I was, in fact, talking about the left and right. And I apologize for clogging up the server with an answer I could have figured out, (had I read my own paperwork). But this site is where I get my best information so I probably would have asked just to be sure anyways. This hobby is too expensive to do things half-***ed.

Thank you, DYohn.

Fine the employers.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
No worries, that's why we're here.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic