icon

jetta problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KickerHard 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2003 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

i was working on a 99 jetta in the shop, i changed the deck and four door speakers using the harness. when i returned the vehicle to the customer he noticed the keyless entry wasnt working. come to find out the doorlocks wasnt working at all. when i press the door switch i can hear the relays clicking. i took all panels back off to see if i maybe pinched a wire but i didnt. i called metra and they said as long as i didnt hook up the blue wires in the harness everythig should work. well i didnt and it doesnt. i put the factory radio back in and it still doent work.  i then check the fuse and notice the fuse was blown and when i change the fuse it immediatly blows.  i dont know if it was working when it came it but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas  thanks

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
see if this helps...
Power Lock YELLOW AT SWITCH IN
Power Unlock SINGLE WIRE DOORLOCKS DRIVERS DOOR *
* YELLOW Wire For Power Doorlocks Must Be Accessed At The Switch In The Drivers Door. Chassis Ground (-) Will Unlock Doors And Chassis Ground Thru A 700 Ohm Resistor Will Lock The Doors.
you can try to check the yellow wire with a meter. it should show a positive draw and should move a little when you push the button.
if everything checks out there, then i would work from the motors back.
you will have to start from square one....
this might take a little bit of time.
i would start with the doors and trace towards the car.
trace the wires back through the doors to the frame. you might even want to d/c the motors one at a time.make sure you have plenty of fuses on hand.
each time you try something make a note on what happens.
this will just take some time.
good luck,
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic