icon

what should i disable in a manual car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
micrors4racer 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2011 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Obviously a starter interrupt wouldnt work very well as you can push start the car. Any suggests on what to disable?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
The only safe thing to disable is the starter. Disabling ignition or fuel pump will open you up to tons of legal situations. If the starter kill fails, the car will be stranded and not able to start. If you disable either of the other 2 things and you have a failure, the car could be left dead in the path of something that the customer just pulled out in front of, we will only disable a starter.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
What vehicle? Year make and model ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Modern vehicle have transponder immobilisers, mandatory in Europe since 1997. Impossible to by-pass without the correct key so it's not even necessary if it's one of those, otherwise for safety and liability issues, I'm with Mr. I. here.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Howard, locally the car thieves are towing vehicles away that are transponder equipped, seriously, they just call the wrecking service, tell them they lost they key and they need it towed home, no one holds accountabilty for anything, so the wrecking service doesn't even verify if the person can provide documentation for the vehicle or not, they just up and tow away, and they commit crimes without even knowing. Car stealing is through the roof locally, the economy is slow, but the install bays are picking up again as a result of the spiralling theft rate.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Unless you broke down in the middle of nowhere, they wouldn't do that here, don't forget one call to their office and they know everything about you, no (photo) driver's licence, credit/debit car or insurance certificate, you've had it.
micrors4racer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well this is on my car I am not a professional installer so customer liability is not an issue. Car is a 1988 Honda CRX thats of course fully modified and you know how hondas are and their theft rates.
As for cutting fuel or spark and such and the thought the cut off activating while you are driving, can't you wire up the relay that interrupts the circuit so it only activates if the alarm is triggered?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
You could wire it up so it will only be active when the alarm is on, but the relay could fail. I do not remember if it was a BLACK/ white wire, or BLACK / YELLOW at the ignition coil. Kill that one and the car will not run.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
BLACK / YELLOW. But don't.
micrors4racer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Alright then I'll just let the back up battery and stealth install and peizo siren deter them from even push starting it.
I just got the system today, a python 991. I noticed it does not have a parking light output fuse like the previous alarm i installed on my other car (my first install) but I finally found it on the access panel in the cpu. Where should the fuse be at - or + polarity?
Also another question, is the remote start on this system manual transmission capable?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic