icon

2000 dodge durango aftermarket dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tmorales509 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, i was wondering how exactly you hook up a aftermarket in dash dvd player to a 2000 dodge durango with stock infinti system. I know the basic wiring like ground, power, ignition but what about the pink brake wire, how does that wire work. I have read that sometimes you just ground that wire out(if you want to watch while driving that is). Does that work for a power acoustik dvd player? And also on the back on the stock head unit there was a single wire with a female connector on it, it is black with a brownish stripe, is this just a ground for the stock radio? If so can i just connect the black and pink wire from the dvd player to this?
re audio!
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

Go buy yours self a harness for your car with all the wires in it. The Ground is not in the harness in the durango it is normaly a Ground strap or in your case a Back wire cliped to the back of the radio. Hook your aftermarket radio ground to this. Some DVD players need to only see ground on the parking break wire to play, some need a sequence (some need a code to bypass the sequence), some need to see ground after ignition. depends on the DVD player.

Disclamer: Most states it is illegal to have video playing in view of the driver with the vehical moving....... So do what ever you do at your own risk. Several states have started handing out pretty hefty tickets.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
You need to connect the parking brake wire to the parking brake.  The vehicle's parking brake wire can be found at the pivot point of the parking brake.  There is only one wire at that location.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic