2010 charger, compustar alarm issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tweakerxp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hi All,
I have a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT. I had a compustar alarm installed (w/ Blade unit - I Believe the ADS-BLADE AL) and I've been having having a problem with the door locks. When I engage the alarm, the alarm always engages, but sometimes the doors do not lock. I must disarm and rearm the system for the doors to lock once every 2 or 3 days. Also, sometimes they trunk does not open and I must unlock it twice. I have been to my alarm installer and they have replaced both the compustar alarm module and blade unit (which I believe talks to the vehicles data BUS) to no avail. Any ideas what might be happening?
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Can you verify that they are using a CAN-BUS module? Without the module you will need resistors to lock and unlock. Try double pulse unlock to see if that will patch the issue.
"dont ground out!"
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2011 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
On some cars the locks wont work until the dome light shuts off.  If it is wired to lock/unlock/trunk via data, it may need to be hardwired to the locks/trunk.
tweakerxp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2011 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
ac0j wrote:
On some cars the locks wont work until the dome light shuts off.  If it is wired to lock/unlock/trunk via data, it may need to be hardwired to the locks/trunk.
Thanks, it wasn't the dome lights, but I went in last week and they hardwired it to the locks & trunk opening, so far, so good! :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic