icon

kicker ts10l3 or 5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2011 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

I have a jeep ver limited space. Im running an alpine mrp 500.1  I have a chance to get either a kicker ts10L3 or a Kicker ts 10L5. I only have 2 choices small audio shop that looks a little shady or best buy.  best buy has the L3, and audio shop has the L5. I can listen the the L3 at best buy but audio shops power supply is down for a while and cannot listen to the L5. Its been about 6 Years since I had a system so im out of sorts with whats new. I thought Kickers new line were the L3's but that does not mean they are better. Im replacing a Rockford Fosgate 12" p3 in a sealed box, I just do not have the room for it. I want something that i can have a little room left that is going to sound great with the Alpine. will be running at 2 ohms.

Thanks for any suggestions on these 2 subs unless you have a better sub. I do not have a way to  build a new enclosure right now thats why im looking at loaded enclosure. t Can get both of these for 249.99

thanks again

wheelerdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok do you think any one of these 10" subs in the ported box will sound better or louder than the fosgate p3 in a 1 cubic sealed box. I have it in the jeep now it sound ok but not great
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2011 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
The L3 replaced the L5, but the L5s can handle more power. I would say either one would work and pretty much sound almost exactly the same. If i had to recommend anything I would go with the local shops. I always hear horror stories from my customers of how Best Buy screwed them over somehow, so i wont ever recommend them for Car Audio.
wheelerdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2011 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
do you think it will sound a lound as the fosgate 12" p3 in a sealed enclosure thats what i have now and am not happy with it. maybe because it is old. i dont know. I know 500 watts is not a whole lot for a sub

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic