icon

python 991, 96 tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bfogelma 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
As title says, im trying to install the python 991 in my tacoma. as there is no current alarm system, i can just wire this one in correct? no interface/bypass necessary?
If anyone could also help me out with a wiring diagram... i found some but not entirely sure I have everything i need.
Thanks!
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

Correct.

thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Battery WHITE/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Ignition 2 BLUE / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Accessory 1 WHITE/ GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Starter 1 GREEN/ BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Starter 2 BLACK/ WHITE
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Anti-Theft Type UNIVERSAL
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Anti-Theft Descript KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM THROUGH AN ANTENNA AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Key Sense GREEN/ BLACK (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image.
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Tachometer BLACK/ WHITE (AC) AT DATA LINK CONNECTOR UNDER DRIVER DASH PIN 9
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Speed Sense VIOLET/WHITE (AC) AT FUSE BOX BLACK 13 PIN PLUG PIN 5
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Parking Lights GREEN (+) AT VEHICLE FUSE PANEL
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Low Crr. Pk Lights GREEN (-) AT LIGHT SWITCH
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Brake Lights BLUE (+) AT FUSE BOX 11 PIN PLUG PIN 2
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Reverse Lights RED / WHITE (+) DRIVER KICK
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. Horn GREEN/ RED (-)
Power Unlock GREEN/ BLACK (-) DRIVER KICK python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image.
python 991, 96 tacoma -- posted image. PowerLock VIOLET (-) DRIVER KICK
All Door Trigger BLUE (-) AT FUSE BOX BLACK 13 PIN PLUG PIN 9

I Have never scene one of these trucks have a security key.

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

I doubt that it has an immobilizer also.

Bfog... make sure you wire an additional relay for that second starter.   It's a fuel enrichment circuit for winter time.

bfogelma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
HI,
I just installed the python 991 in my 1996 Tacoma, and the keyless entry works as well as the arming and disarming functions, but the remote start isnt working...
Right now when i activate the remote start it activates it according to the remote, the alarm systems brain makes a few clicking noises like its activating, but then nothing happens, no start.... but he remote shows the car as started and begins the run time countdown...
Anyone have an idea as to what i did wrong/what i need to do?
I am suspecting it may have to do with the wire Python labels as "Remote Start/Turbo Timer Activation Input"- basically the wire that picks up on the "Activation Pulse" and it says it requires a single ground pulse to the wire to activate/deactivate the remote start system... what does that mean necessarily? I have not hooked it up to anything as of yet...
I appreciate any help in advance, Thank You!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  

Are you getting any flashes from the parking lights? If yes, how many?

What are the wires from the heavy gauge (H3)harness connected to on the vehicle? 

Is the toggle switch plugged in and in the ON position?

Is your Tacoma Manual or Automatic?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
The activation input won't need to be hooked up. It is used for external triggering of the remote start (from another keyless system or even a push button).
When the remote start tries to start does it power on the ignition and accessory circuits? Use your volt meter and verify that the heavy wires have voltage on them when it tries to start.
Kevin Pierson
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

Basiaclly, if the unit is initiating remote start then this verifies that the toggle switch is plugged in and switched to the on position and that the unit is in automatic mode already, and there are no errors present, since on the remote you are seeing that the remote start is active, which also says the unit is in either virtual tach or voltage mode, so, as KP said, you have some wires not powered somewhere in that heavy harness, have you powered all the heavy reds on the harness?

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
bfogelma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
i have the ignition power wires hooked up, will go test them now
bfogelma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
so the alarm system has two options for the heavy wires for the ignition, one is a pink wire that is "Ignition 1 input/output" that supplies voltage for ignition line in vehicle as well as ignition feed for security system.
there is also a red wire, which is marked as "Fused ignition 1 relay input" and says it is the polarity feed for the ignition 1 relay.
which do i need for ignition 1?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic