icon

2004 ford focus door locks / gem wake up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe sin one 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an alarm/keyless/rs in my 2004 Focus ZX3. I had problems with my GEM going to sleep when pressing the drivers door lock button or the lock button on the factory keyless remote. Directechs instructs to pulse(-) the door ajar wire(yellow/black, BLACK / YELLOW) in the driver's kick to wake-up a Ford's GEM. After probing and testing the many wires located at either the drivers kick panel harness or GEM, this did not work. After searching the internet for anyone with the same issue, I found this thread (https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~68650~KW~redroc~PN~1~TPN~2).
Options:
1. Connect alarm/keyless unlock output to BLACK/ green wire located in driver's kick panel or green plug at GEM. Door ajar wire will not need to be pulsed to wake up GEM. Double pulsing this wire will not unlock the passenger door. Fine by me.
2. Wire alarm/keyless lock/unlock output to car's lock/unlock wires in grey plug at GEM while disregarding GEM shutdown; and then avoid pressing driver's lock button or locking doors with factory remote.
3. Wake-up GEM with by pulsing(+) ignition wire using a relay with alarm/keyless door unlock output. Wouldn't recommend.
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Why do you say wouldnt recommend on Pulsing the ignition wire using a relay? It has always worked great for me. It just causes the ignition to come on for a second and back off... I always set the alarm to double pulse unlock that way it trigers the ignition and definatly unlocks also.

joe sin one 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2011 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
thecoolmankyle7 wrote:

Why do you say wouldnt recommend on Pulsing the ignition wire using a relay? It has always worked great for me. It just causes the ignition to come on for a second and back off... I always set the alarm to double pulse unlock that way it trigers the ignition and definatly unlocks also.

Personally I've never done it, and since I've never heard of this method, I was a bit cautious to do it. But from what you say it should work fine. I'm MECP certified, book smart, and only have a year of experience. I've been picking things up rather quickly, so any tip's are well appreciated.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

Possibly that Door Ajar wire needs to be opened, then unlock sent (program double pulse unlock).  The Ajar wire is small.  You found the ajar wire?  It tests with the LATCH mechanism.  So you'll want to actually close and open the door during testing.  Or run a screwdriver thru the latch assy, just make you trigger the latch FULLY.  Thats why I say open and close the whole door to be sure.

I think I've had older SportTrac's that need that wire opened not just pulsed like others I've done.  I think I used the DomeConv output to trigger a relay to open it.    No need to pulse an ignition wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic