icon

viper 5900 08 nissian titan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gsxrwild 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have wired everything up, and everything works, except the remote start. It will turn the truck over but it doesn't fire up and run. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jon D
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Did you power both starter wires?

Can you list your Viper H3 wires / connections?

What did you use as the bypass module?

Soldering is fun!
gsxrwild 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
BLACK/ white Neutral safety - ground. Violet/white Tach - at the coil WHITE/ Blue, Black and the third is the tach signal wire. Brown Brake switch - RED / Green at the brake switch. Gray Hood switch to hood switch.
Blue/white nothing.
I can put the key in and turn it to ign. then hit the remote start and it works. Then I take the key out and it stays running.
I have the xpresskit DLPK I don't like by the way the book tells you that the blue is 12volt constant, But it's the Red. I even chatted with a tech from them online and the tech told me it was the blue one.
Jon D
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

In the DLPK install guide, it does say that the +12V wire could be other colors depending on the harness

supplied in the kit.  It is the closest wire to the 14 Pin connector with the ground next to it. I am
assuming that you are connecting it in the W2W mode, not D2D.  The Fortin Can SL2 harness has Red &
Black wires at those pins.  ( A DLPK is basically a re-badged Fortin CAN-SL2.)

Did the bypass program properly to the truck?  LED flash quickly at Step 6?

Also on the ignition wiring, I misread your Viper to be a 5901 not a 5900.  If you could list the wiring

connections for the Heavy Gauge Inline Connector Key Switch Interface.  Your truck has 2 Starter and two
Accessory circuits and one Ignition circuit.  The heavy gauge Pink/White wire can be programmed to ACC2,
but you will need a relay to power Starter2.

Soldering is fun!
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

gsxrwild wrote:
I can put the key in and turn it to ign. then hit the remote start and it works. Then I take the key out and it stays running.

That means the bypass mod is either not hooked up right or not programmed right.

gsxrwild wrote:
I have the xpresskit DLPK I don't like by the way the book tells you that the blue is 12volt constant, But it's the Red. I even chatted with a tech from them online and the tech told me it was the blue one

So your saying that the install guide said use blue and the tech support said it was blue and for some reason you think you know better and that its a differnt wire?

gsxrwild 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the led was flashing rapidly. But I'm still not convinced that it's working properly. SO I cut the brown starter wire hooking the purple to the starter side and the green to the key side. The 2 red are hooked up to the Green (40a).Orange to Red acc. Pink to BLACK/ red ign. pink/white to purple and I programmed it to be acc. RED / white to the green (40)and I have a relay wired to the second starter wire.
Jon D
kreg357 
Posted: July 04, 2011 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

Wiring looks OK.  Just to be sure, can you list the Starter2 relay wiring. 

Do the door locks work?  Also, still assuming W2W due to the D2D harness power / ground connections, where is the DLPK Blue/White wire connected?  Should be the Viper BLUE (-) 200 mA STATUS OUTPUT wire.

Soldering is fun!
gsxrwild 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2011 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
So I maybe just forgot to plug the harness on the Viper BLUE (-) 200 mA Status out put back in thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Jon D
gsxrwild 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2011 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and just wondering if anyone has ever not hooked up the second starter wire before. After I got the remote start working. I unplugged the second starter wire just to see what would happen, and everything worked fine. I plugged it back in but I was just kinda wondering if it is really needed or not?
Jon D
kreg357 
Posted: July 06, 2011 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  

Not positive on the 2008 Titan, but the Starter2 circuit on a lot of Nissan's is for "Fuel Enrichment".  The engine will not start when the engine is cold during cold winter weather without it connected.

The extra 30/40A SPDT relay wired as follows won't hurt to have installed.

Pin 85 to Viper PURPLE (-) 200 mA STARTER RELAY TURN-ON
Pin 86 and Pin 87 to +12v Constant thru 20A fuse
Pin 30 to Titan Starter2  LT. GREEN (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN LUG), PIN 6
Pin 87A Not Used - Insulate

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic