icon

air ride wiring from scratch dual bags

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
user error 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  

Okay here's the story I've got a monoshock with dual bags inside one for height one for stiffness. This is going on a bike i'm posting in the car section since after looking thru the motorcycle section there isn't alot of posts and this is a basic 12 volt issue no bike info needed. So I hope everyone's kewl with me posting here since most car wiring guru's will be able to assist. Okay now on to the situation, The system will consist of a Viair compressor with check valve, the monoshock, valves, relays, Diodes and two switches. Which honestly based on cost I may do away with the stiffness swtich and just fill it with a valve and forget about it. Thats is an option. On the two switch set up each switch will be three position, up, down, and at rest. From the switches I'm running threw a relay set up with diodes over to the compressor the up side of both switches will need to open the up valve and turn on the compressor. The down sides will just open the down or dump valve to release the air. I've got the basic set up I'm just looking for some tweeking to see if thoughts are out there to get the set up as small as possible with the least amount of parts since space is limited. (I do not have the valves, relays or switches at this point) So all those purchases will be picked in this post. Basic set up 5 relays one running each valve and one for the compressor. Incase anyone is wondering no there will be no air tank not looking for a fast fill. The fifth relay will get signal jumping from the up valve relays. Diagram is coming.

user error 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  

air ride wiring from scratch dual bags - Last Post -- posted image.

user error 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
I am aware some will only post towards the wiring portion and some will only post for the air side. Any tweeks or possable part numbers would be appreciated. Which ever side is your thing.
user error 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
Just noticed I forgot the grounds at the valves.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
hi,
depending on the power requirements of your solenoid valves, you may be able to bypass the relays, trigger directly from the switches. since you appear to be going the compact route, small solenoids will probably have a lower power requirement. use the one relay to power the compressor as mentioned.
mark
user error 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Really? No love on this one?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic