icon

anti jacking and starter kill cm6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cousinit99 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I'm working on a Compustar CM6000 and I want to use both the starter-kill and anti-jacking features.  Anyone know anything about this?  It is possible, right?  Wire in the standard starter-kill relay, and then cut the vehicle ignition wire and install a second relay, normally open, using the 2nd ignition (-) output on the  for the trigger, as illustrated below.   Would this work?

anti jacking and starter kill cm6000 - Last Post -- posted image.

awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2011 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
So the 2nd Ignition output is active when the alarm is disarmed?
You would need an output that is active during disarm if you wire the relay in that fashion. From what I remember, starter kill is usually "active" when the system is armed. The starter kill relay is energized when the alarm is armed.
With an "active" Ignition Kill you run the risk of being stranded in the event of a relay failure. If that is something you are comfortable with, then follow the standard Normally Closed Starter Kill diagram, but replace the starter wire with the Ignition wire.
Starter Kill Normally Open
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2011 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  

Here is how Compustar describes "Anti-Jacking".  It uses the pre-wired Starter Kill relay. If the Compustars Remote FOB signals a panic, it interrupts the vehicles Ignition wire after a 30 Siren alert period.

3-04 Starter-Kill – This option determines the mode of the anti-grind/starter-kill relay.

Default 1: Anti-grind + starter-kill
Option 2: Anti-grind only (no starter-kill)
Option 3: Anti-grind + passive starter-kill: starter-kill activates in 45 seconds after ignition is turned off.

3-05 Anti-Jacking – This option requires the starter-kill relay to be wired to the ignition vs. the starter wire.

Default 1: Acts like starter-kill: removes power from the ignition, which allows the car to crank but not
start.
Option 2: Turns on anti-jacking: when the remote panics the system, power from the ignition will be
removed at the end of the 30 second siren duration, thereby disabling the vehicle.
Option 3 & 4: Only available with Canadian remotes.
IMPORTANT: When using ignition-kill on manual transmission vehicles Option 2 will need to be
utilized. Option 2 disables the anti-grind circuit while the vehicle is remote-started; if the anti-grind
circuit is active and the start-kill relay is installed in the ignition, the relay will “buzz” while remotestarted.

You could use the Compustar relay and Program 3-05 to Option 2 for Anti-Jacking and add a Basic Starter Kill relay circuit to the Starter wire.  ( Not familiar with the Canadian Compustar versions.)

Soldering is fun!
cousinit99 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys, I learned something..  I was wiring the relays backwards anti jacking and starter kill cm6000 - Last Post -- posted image. (as awdeclipse pointed out)..

@kreg357 - Yea, I'm a little excited because I have the Canadian system.  It has an IC ID so I curious as to whether it auto locks/unlocks.  I'm going to investigate this option in particular and find out.  I'll let you know once I a make a discovery or two..

Thanks again guys

cousinit99 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
"relay", not relays..  wow, I miss the Edit Post button right now..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic