2006 honda crv intermittent start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
co_ne_dub 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Guys,
As the title states I am having an issue with an Avital 4113 One Button Start on this CRV. Crazy thing is while it is in the bay, I have no problems, once it is out on the street I am getting random (6) flashing lights and no start from both remotes. Any changes from the bitwriter were written to 0.
I am using an iDatalink ADS-TB flashed for this vehicle, cant remember the software right off the top of my head.
Any ideas?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
If 6 Flashes means Brake Shutdown, check the 4113 (+) Brake Input wire, check the chassis ground wire connection, check the CR-V's brake light wiring / sockets and then replace the CR-V's brake light bulbs.
Soldering is fun!
co_ne_dub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry the flashing lights are the parking lights.
I get (6) parking light flashes and no start.
That happens randomly.
I started it it 4 times in a row during testing, and when I was demo'ing to the customer this issue camae up.
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2011 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
It may not be seeing a good ground at rest from the brake wire. I have had this come up before, but normally with older imports like 90's Hondas and Toyotas. All I have ever done to fix the problem is put a relay on the brake wire. Just hook 30 to your alarm, 87a and 85 to ground, 86 and 87 to the break light wire.
Hope this helps
co_ne_dub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Wow. I had a feeling it was gonna be something simple/stupid.
It was. I had inadvertently activated the car finder feature.
So after reprogramming the activation input to (2) presses(and RTFM)
all is good!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

thecoolmankyle7 wrote:
It may not be seeing a good ground at rest from the brake wire. I have had this come up before, but normally with older imports like 90's Hondas and Toyotas. All I have ever done to fix the problem is put a relay on the brake wire. Just hook 30 to your alarm, 87a and 85 to ground, 86 and 87 to the break light wire.
Hope this helps

Correct me if i'm wrong, but not seeing a ground on the brake wire does not prevent the remote starter from starting, at least with DEI anyway, the presence of positive voltage will, once voltage is totaly absent however, whether by the presence of a ground or an open circuit the unit will initialise, the problem you're describing is correct to a point in that if the bulb is a double contact and the ground at the socket is weak and the parking lights come on with the remote start, voltage tends to feed back through the brake light filament causing the remote starter to fault. Since the OP has solved his problem, this post is just a by the way. :)

Hence grounding the sockets properly will cure this problem without need for an additional relay.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic