icon

sub questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys,currently in my trunk i have a 12" jl wo sub.its in one of those qlogic type boxes.my car is an '89 honda crx.the thing i dont like about it is the fact that it takes up too much space on one side of my trunk.its also taller than id like it to be.i was thinking about putting this box in my wifes car and them building a box that would fit better for my trunk.my question is would two 8" subs give me the same bass as one twelve?also can i make a box that would house two 8's and still save some trunk space?thanks in advance,i hope this made sense
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
I think you could get 2 8" subs to be as loud as the one 12 but you wont get the low notes that the 12 will get. If you listen to alot of rap/ hip hop then you probably wont be happy with the 8's. Ever considered the solorbarics since they can go in a real small enclosure?? Just a thought.
DjRDifacs 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
You have small car. You could even use one 10. I'd recommend an Alpine type S or an Earthquake DbX depending on how much you'd want to spend.
Russ
DjRDifacs 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah ....i'd also recommend a ported box
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

so one 10 would go as low as one 12?also i dont anything about the solobarics,but ill definitely look into it.thanks

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
When i first listened to Diamond subs, the system i listened to had one 10 in it in a ported enclosure and it put out as much as the 2 JL 12's i had at the time. Alot of it has to due with the enclosure as this one was ported different than anything i had ever seen before, they called it an "accordian style" port. Anyways, one good 10 will definately beat out the W0 12" you have as i had the same ones, only 2. Ive never heard the solobarics myself i just remember reading on them and seeing that they were made for small enclosures but ive seen alot of people on here who love them so.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic