icon

pioneer deh 63ub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
87pontiac 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Can I connect the front and rear speakers,(left front and left rear; right front right rear) using the Front Left/Right outputs and then use the Rear Outputs for 2 subs?
Doing this will lower the ohms on the front channels and Im not sure if the deck can take it.The rear subs are only low power approx. 70watts 4 ohms each with external cross-over.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Ron
2001 Hyundai Accent
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

i use these radios alot where you put single 4 ohm speakers on each front channel and use a single 4ohm woofer on the rear output bridging the internal amp. works best with vented subs.

it works great as long as you arent looking for crazy loud bass and have a car with a low noise floor.

i think your sub suggestion will work ok with the exception that external crossovers mean your amp is being a little wasted by making full range sound that you are jusr gonna be filtering out. PLUS... i would imagine the external crossover is gonna bleed more unwanted higher midbass/midrange sound through making them sound less lke actual subs.

as for the front, running 2 sets of speakers will most likely end up killing the internal amp from heat.

one thing i place close attention to when usng the systems that i first mentioned is, using speakers that sound good and are very efficient.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I would not run any radio into a 2 ohm load.  Your radio may say 50 watts per channel, but it will only produce around 17 watts per channel.  You really need an amplifier to power a woofer.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

i have used several of these pioeers to run a pair and a sub. as mentioned before they work pretty good.

but the older pioneers could handle a dvc sub that ended up at 2 ohms. the newer ones only hande a 4 ohm load on the mono rear channel.

diluting the pioneers power and using external filtering will probably end up sound poor with no dynamics.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
87pontiac 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the suggestions, I am purchasing 2 amps, one a 4 channel for the front and rear speakers, 2 for each sub woofer,12 inch each upgrade (600w a piece). Now just wondering one more thing,in the owners manual it says that to change from rear full range to rear subwoofer
Press M.C. to display the setting mode.
Turn M.C. to change the output and press to
select.
REAR SP-PREOUT
Turn M.C. to change the setting.
REAR SP: FUL-SW
PREOUT: SW-REA
• Even if you change this setting, there will
be no output unless you turn the subwoofer output on (refer to SW SETTING 1
(subwoofer on/of { setting) on the previous
page).
• If you change this setting, subwoofer output in the audio menu will return to the factory settings.
mPress M.e. to confirm the selection.
On my DEH 63UB there is no such setting( or Im doing something wrong).
Any help would be nice.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic