icon

2011 ram viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pitt gsxr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2011 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
I recently bought a new 2011 Ram 1500 QC LT and am attempting to install a Viper 5901 alarm/remote start in it.
Truck does not have factory alarm or keyless entry but is equipped with power windows and locks.
I bought the xpress kit XK09 Multi Bus Interface for the remote start portion. I was able to find the install instruction for both the 5901 and the XK09 online but I am having some difficulty finding wiring schematics. I've posted in the vehicle info section for 2011 ram schematics but am really looking for some tips/hints on this install if anyone can help me out.
I have decent knowledge when it comes to 12v systems as I have been doing my own car audio stuff for 5-6 years now, and I have installed this same viper alarm in my 08 Malibu, but had the help of a more savvy friend.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Just enough 12v knowledge to mess things up ;)
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2011 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Try this link for instructions...
http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=null&year=2011&make=Dodge&model=RAM&ps=1&s=0
These trucks are actually quite simple, IF you follow the instructions exactly. You will need to run all 12 volt wires from the 5901 and XK09 to the battery. The XK09 will control the door locks, immobilizer, and door triggers. I'm not sure how well this module works with this vehicle, I've always used the FL-CAN. But I do have experience with DEI modules. Try to avoid wiring the bypass module D2D at all costs, and wire it wire-to-wire instead. You will not use most of the large-gauge ignition wires off the 5901. That's about the most I can provide without doing a video demonstration! Good luck.
Big Al

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic