the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

noise from pioneer avic at low vol?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tresvatos 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2011 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Pioneer Avic unit flip up screen AVH-P4900DVD directed to a Sony 75x4 amplifer wired in conjunction to a 1 farad cap. which powers my mids and highs.. A Fosgate Punch 200 is also wired to the same farad cap. RCA wires are run far apart from the Power Wire as well. I also wired a small computer 4"x4" 12v. Fan behind the Pioneer Avic in the dash very close to the stereo... I am getting a humming at low volume and can't get rid of it, so wondering if may be the d
Fans electric motor.. The setup is on a Dodge truck, and it has the big 4 installed already with 2 ga. cable, so kind of curious if a fan may cause this low volume hum. What are your thoughts please. Thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
Read through a few of these.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/search.asp?KW=bcae1.com&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&SM=1&SI=PTBA&FM=0&aid=199561&OB=1
tresvatos 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, but I could not open anything at that link... I know this subject has been covered numerous times, but my question is more geared towards if the fan motor may be interfering with the radios electronics and making the humming noise...
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html

Perform the test at the top of the above page.  If there is no continuity from the shield of the RCA cable to the chassis of the radio, then the repair to the bottom of that page will fix your problem.  The fan should not cause any noise in a properly shielded system.  The blown fuse inside the radio makes it NOT a properly grounded system.

tresvatos 
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks ! I believe I will give this a try!
tresvatos 
Posted: August 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Sir this solved my problem.. Stereo sounds much better. Thank you very much for the link
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

Just so you will know in the future, the cause of the fuse blowing was while connecting an amp to your system.  You probably connected the power wire and the RCA jacks to your amp before you connected the ground connection.  Or while removing an amp, you disconnected the ground connection first.  Either of these 2 is just about guaranteed to give you problems with any pioneer deck.

Notice in the instruction manual for just about any amp or radio, the first line reads disconnect the vehicle battery.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic