icon

1999 ford mustang remote stater

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2011 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I just finished installing a remote starter (Autopage Rs-60) into my friends 1999 Ford Mustang. We used a 556U to interface the immobilizer. Everything seemed to finish well. This morning he let me know that when the car is armed/locked (factory alarm/keyless entry) and the vehicle is remote started, he cannot use his key fob to unlock the doors.
We did not hookup the Factory Disarm wire which I think might be the solution here. I am stumped to as what else it could be, before I take the car apart again I want to have a good idea what is it.
Anyone experienced this and could let me know.
Thanks
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Simple test, start the vehicle with the key, does the factory fob work while running with the key? If not then, this is normal which alot of times it is.

Solution is to either get after market keyless entry or track down the ignition wire to the factory keyless reciever and open it during remote start.

Some audiovox units have a feature on the pulse before start wire (disarm) to take care of this, by pressing and holding the remote start button for 6 seconds thus unlocking the doors. Free keyless entry essentially

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
you will have to hookup the unlock wire on the rs-60. it will unlock the doors when you press the button once after car has remote started.
the factory keyless does not work while car is running on that year.
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply.
In trying to figure it out last night my friend told me he had tried this, and it still did not work.
I don't believe this unit has anything like that, but I will brief through the manual again to see if it does.
I wonder if it has to do with the car being started or if it is because its detecting the transponder key?
If it is because of the transponder key I know there's a different setting I can use so the GWR wire then will activate only for 20 seconds. But because you said it has to do with the ignition wire then it probably isnt. Can you confirm this?
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
h3/1 can be programmed for unlock if you have a factory disarm hooked to the pink wire h3/2.
h3/3 should be gar for bypass
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks cmk,
that just kinda sucks cause then the doors are unlocked while it is remote started right?
It might just be worth it to spend another $50 to upgrade to the RS665, which then will add an alarm and keyless entry.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
it will unlock when you press the remote. not when you start the car

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic